Rb20det into a 240sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb20det into a 240sx

Its that time again. im working on my fc, and a friends 240. He wants an rb20. and a skyline front end conversion. First of all, where would i be able to find good reliable parts for the rb20 with 500 hp as the initial goal? and where in gods name will i find a skyline front end....... other than that i was wondering if anyone has attempted it, and whether i need osme custom mounts (and if so where can i get them or what do they look like so i can fabb em up) or any other custom pieces for that matter..and will the 240 rear axle hold the rb20? anything you guys might know on ANYTHING with the rb20 is GREATLY appriciated. ya'll have bever let me down before. i love this forum.....

Try looking at www.az240sx.org/forums There are a few people there w/ RB powered 240s. Join up and talk to those guys.

Comment

or you can stay here and get some useful information... doesnt hurt to have two places to turn in search of answers....yes its been done before and it's pretty common that they made a kit...but first you wanna ask him....what is he gonna be using this for? the RB20's are good motors and have pretty strong aftermarket support and have ben known to pass the states smog. The question is....why does he want to go RB over a SR or even a CA? Engines are really about expression and driving style....he should do a search on RB20's , SR20's & CA18's and put together some useful information on each motor. Remember that the RB20 is a inline 6 and is gonna add roughly 180Lbs (please correct me if im wrong) to the front. Remember drifting doesnt require all that much HP. Also take in consideration the extra work that is gonna be put into dropping the RB in. Some say the RB is an easier swap then the SR. Anyways....enough about all that...for the RB swap you need wiring, mounts and fuel system upgrade....check out McKinney Motorsports for the wiring and the mounts...they can actually do the swap for you to and save you some time and troubles....as far as gettin a motor....Flashoptions has what you need but i heard there service sucks...but i know they are on the boards so you might wanna hit them up and see if they can hook somethin up. Skyline conversion.... may i ask why? why go through all that trouble to have a immitation skyline? I've seen the conversions done and IMO... i've seen nicer things come out of my arse. :-D But its all about personal preference... it all has been done before...just need to search for it. good luck and if you run into anything just post it nukKa- Tokyo

Comment

if you check out the recent edition of Modifed mag, they do an RB26 swap into an s14 i think, there should be some helpful links and tips if you're interested

Comment

the SR is an easier swap no doubt.. it's just a drop in motor kind of thing.. at the VERY least, what you'll need for the rb20 motor in an s13/240 is the motor, front cross member, tranny cross member, and a s13/240 manual driveshaft.. you CAN run the stock smic, but i'd recomend going with a fmic for ease of installation. as for the body work, you'll have some issues with the fenders.. they're a bit taller so they hang down on the bottom a little bit, but otherwise the width of the hood is the same and everything.. the hood will sit about an inch too long or so though

Comment

Working...
          X