Rb20de...det?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb20de...det?

hey..how could i visually tell the difference between an rb20det and rb20de from first glance? any help? not a big skyline guy..but planning to buy one because im staying here longer..post some pics too

thanks

It's the same motor abrveaded(sp) rb20 rb20de rb20dett

Comment

Sorry skyliner34 but I dont think the RB20DETT ever existed factory. RB20DET is the correct name and the only reason for that extra "T" is for turbo. So an RB20DE (if it really exisited) would be a 2.0 L 6-Cyl Iron Block Dual Overhead Cam Naturally Aspirated engine.

Comment

yes, there is an rb20de and rb20det and an rb20e..and no they are not the same things..im just asking how to visually tell..and yeah..my friend who owned an r32 gtst before...BOV is placed on top..and yeah..it says "Ceramic Turbo"..and r32 gts-t's are 5 lug while gts's are 4 lug

Comment

This should help you out:

http://www.meggala.com/nissanrb3css.htm

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
            hey..how could i visually tell the difference between an rb20det and rb20de from first glance? any help? not a big skyline guy..but planning to buy one because im staying here longer..post some pics too

thanks
            I say the turbo could be a big hint...But what do I know about engines. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
              I say the turbo could be a big hint...But what do I know about engines. LOL
              that's usually the quickest give away!

Comment

Isn't the turbo the only difference visually between the two?lol

Comment

ha-ha-ha isnt copying others responses the quickest way?

yes i know one is turbocharged. i was talking about a quick glance because i only had a few seconds to look at the engine and remember little things about it

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                    ha-ha-ha isnt copying others responses the quickest way?

yes i know one is turbocharged. i was talking about a quick glance because i only had a few seconds to look at the engine and remember little things about it
                    I'm not really sure what the situation was, but it's almost always a bad idea to buy an engine that you don't have a picture of, or haven't been able to take a decent look at...

Comment

no, im planning on getting a car...and this guy is selling his r32 for 500 bucks..he says his turbo timer doesnt work..it just blinks but doesnt keep the motor on..all i wanted to know is what visual aspects differ from the rb20de and the det because ive never had a skyline..only silvias. i have not seen the engine bay yet

Comment

I just going to guess but I think the turbo timer means there is a turbo and therefore it would be a rb20det. Seing how the other engine is naturally aspirated(no turbo timer needed).

Comment

My question is why is a guy in Japan is asking a forum of mostly Americand about Japanese-only engines?

Comment

My bad

Comment

Working...
                            X