85 Pulsar (USDM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 Pulsar (USDM)

I have a Pulsar that I got from a friend for 300, blown motor and bad tranny. I was intending to get it fixed, maybe throw in a Bluebird Sr20 or Ca18, and getting about 4 for it.

Heres my question, can I make it AWD like a JDM Pulsar, and what would I need? Im sure the AWD tranny, half shafts, hybs, and all that are needed, but if yall could give me some info on source cars, as in what cars to look into for the parts, Id greatly appreciate it.

BTW Im new on this forum and I am glad to be here. Most of the time when I do a Yahoo search on SR's, RB's, CA's, 240's, or anything else, this link pops up and I more often than not find what I am looking for. Thanks for helping out a fellow car nut.

check out heavy throttle.com

Comment

You are going to end up putting a lot more work, money and time into the car trying to make it cool than you are going to get for it. Especially how they are going for below blue book whenever they are for sale... if they even get sold, many end up in junk yards because no one wants them and the owner just wants to get rid of it. I don't think you will ever get 4k for that car, even if you make it AWD... you could do this.

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/381.html
      Last edited by LOVMUFN; 11-01-2004, 10:24 AM.

Comment

There weren't any all wheel drive N13's at that time I suppose. SR20 - powered Pulsars were only front wheel drive except the GTiR (RNN14), which is uses ATESSA 50:50 AWD system. These were porduced... Err... Quite later than 85.

Comment

You already have a CA18 in it, check the engine block for the engine code. The stat-side CA18 S13's get a lot of their maintenence parts from old Pulsars.

A CA18DET conversion shouldn't be that far away...

Comment

Haha, the Pulsar. Sorry, my dad had one.

*sniff* I learned to drive a manual transmission in that thing *sniff* lol.

I think his was an '86, not sure. It's a nice little car, very light, not power, very front heavy(65/35 I think), and could start at -40F in the dead of winter like it was the middle summer, the only car I've ever driven that could do that.

Well, an awd conversion would be neat. I'm thinking it would be costly too. As far as selling it, I'm leaning towards this...

1) If it's purely to clean up and sell, don't bother. You're not going to get more than $500 out of a 1985 car. Very nice luxury cars, any luxury car, will sell for $2000 and under.

2) If the car is in physically good shape, no rust, dents, dings, etc. and could last another 10 years with a new engine and tranny, why not keep it. If yo like the car and would spend the time, effort, and money to make it an awd monster, then do it for love, not money. Hop up and don't sell. Just drive it and love it for the next 10 years.

Comment

Working...
            X