No announcement yet.

Opinion of Flashoption.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, I don't understand why the Japanese would swap their RB20s out of their Cefiros and 4dr 32s and put an SR in it's place?

Comment

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy from Unstable Hybrids. They are going out of business and their business dealings are unstable at best. You will more than likely lose your patience by the time you get around to getting your motor. There have been cars known to sit in his shop for over a year then he will finally get around to doing something. I have to say though that he can do good work when he puts his mind to it but that will rarely happen and you will probably do like some of his other customers and trade the car long before you see it run.

Maybe try Jarco. WWW.JARCOINC.COM. I think they went to straight Ebay though but try em. Also Night7 is a good guy. WWW.NIGHT7RACING.COM.
      Check him out as well. Word has it he may be coming into some stuff real soon. That RHD NSX on his site for sale is nice as well. My borther deals with him and has never had problem one. Also I don't know what my brother can actually get but check him out as well for brake stuff, intercoolers, intake manifold, motor mounts and custom fabbed stuff. WWW.TOPHATPERFORMANCE.COM.

Good luck.

Comment

Geeez, I am glad we import all of our stuff ourselves. Hi guys, my name is Edwin and I am the owner of SilviaWerks. We are a Nissan shop out here in Houston/Katy Tx. We just opened out new 4000 sq ft facility in Katy. We offer front clips, but we order them out ahead of time, we get out next shipment in July, when we have time to head out to Japan. Check out the new site, www.SilviaWerks.com Our grand opening is Feb 9th. 281-392-4480 ask for Alan he is the Nissan Crew chief.
        Last edited by Phoenix_S13; 02-04-2004, 04:53 PM.

Comment

On the clutches...the rb25 shares many 300zx Non turbo parts. You can use their clutch, and the throwout bearing has to be from the turbo 300zx model. The coilpacks, sparkplugs and even oil filter are shared with the 300zx NT also.

Nick

Comment

Phoenix, i'll give you a stellar review but you got to take me to Japan with you.

Comment

I was wondering if anybody knows of a company that will import a 1jzgte VVti or a toyota jzx81 Mark ii front end I want to try to make a cressida close to a Mark II like I had in Japan.

Comment

There is a guy out here in Houston that has done a 1JZ swap in his Cressida, Total sleeper, he brought it out to the Drift Session and went off!!! he even painted his Front Mount black so no one could notice till we heard the blow off. Hit me up at the shop and I will see what i can do, oh and if anyone want to go to Japan, say I!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hokiruu
                  Oooh. Grow up and relax or fly down here and talk smack to my face if that's what you really want to do. But save it on the boards please. Since you are just making useless statements about what you know and have done, and are providing no useful info, I am gong to assume you are full of it. If you can drop your attitude long enough, maybe you can explain what I said that is spreading false info. That would be alot more constructive for everyone, and it might even be a good alternative over trash talking for feeding your starving little ego.
                  Now tht I see this a month later....exactly how am I full of it??? You think I'm lying about my car/swaps??? I can show you pics of at least 3 swaps. The last one I did was again, 2K, funny how that works huh. 1000 for the motor, plus 700 for me to install it and 300 for the full exhaust, do the math. I need to grow up and you are telling me to fly over to you to talk "smack" to your face, I'd love to, pay for it, it'd be nice to get out of oregon. None of the info I have said was useless, he went RB20, everythign I've said was helpful, and the info he's getting for wiring and what not, is coming from me, so don;t tell me my info is useless.

Comment

i got the web site wrong for japandirect i gotta look for it but i have the number for them 1-888-825-7341

Comment

AAAHHH

All this talk about RB25DET, but I was wondering if it is possible to put in an RB26DETT and if it is possible, does it handle well or does it cause problems to the chassis and other issues? Could I take off the twin turbo on the RB26DETT and then just make it into a turbo, cuz that might be better than a twin turbo for drifting and for space management in the engine bay. So let me know what info you guys have on this.

Comment

It's been done a few times with teh RB26, Mckinney motorsports makes a motor mount kit that allows you to keep the stock twins. For drifting I would rather use the stock twins, it spools faster, plus there is no need for 500+ whp in a drift car. You have to get either an RB20 or 25 oil pan and an RB25 tranny to get rid of the awd system, although there was one guy that just made his awd tranny work for just rwd. Its going to cost a lot, wiring is easy, you'd need a custom driveshaft, it's just a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_S13
                          There is a guy out here in Houston that has done a 1JZ swap in his Cressida, Total sleeper, he brought it out to the Drift Session and went off!!! he even painted his Front Mount black so no one could notice till we heard the blow off. Hit me up at the shop and I will see what i can do, oh and if anyone want to go to Japan, say I!!!!!!!

haha !!! I heard about taht my friends from new orleans and baton rouge went to the grind 101 in h town i m assuming you went to I m gonna go to the one in april

Comment

First of all... I'd like to apologize to those having bad experiences dealing with Malaysia based company.

Not all companies are like that. I've heard of some malaysian having companies in US selling used parts. I never knew they were so fuked up! hehe.. personally, i think they are a bunch of opportunist, seeing $$$ instead of establishing a good based for expanding their business. For that, I'm ashamed and sorry to u all.

On the plus side, we malaysian got a lot of stuffs for cheaps. SR20DET Front clips are as low as RM3000, without bodyparts. If you're lucky, it'll come with aftermarket stuffs like the intake, ECU, exhaust manifold or even turbo. One of my friend just swapped in an SR20DET with Greddy radiator & intercooler, T28 turbo and Mine's ECU. The front clip cost him RM4500, about USD1200.

Now, japs swap the SR20 into the A31 and ditch the RB20 because of 2 things. first, the SR20DET will allow a more direct feel to the car due to renewed weight distribution, almost 50/50. Secondly, SR20DET makes a lot of low end torque, which is good for drifting. another popular upgrade will be the RB25DET. This will push the torque by about 25% to 30% more than that of the RB20DET. More power and more torque, and still maintaining the weight distribution.

drift on people...

-R32GTST-

Comment

i've had the worst experience with malaysian base exporters - i ordered a damn motor back in october from FLASHOPTIONS.COM and i still have not recieved my sr20det from them. I wired them my two grand and they verified that they recieved it, and even tol me that they sent it out like 2 weeks later. But it is now FEBRUARY, and i still have no motor. Flashoptions SUCKS.

Comment

by me going to flashoptions has cost me $2000 and i haven't gotten crap - they have even stopped emailing me in the past two weeks - they are very unproffesional!

To Flashoptions - i'm going to continue to talk crap about your company because i have proof for everyone to see that you have not given me my motor that i properly bought!

Go to rtek.org - i own the s14.5, check it out - STILL NO MOTOR.

If you have any info regarding my motor, FLASHOPTIONS - email me at pinnacle240@yahoo.com and stop trying to sucker other people into buying from your company.

Comment

Working...
                                X