90-95 miata first car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90-95 miata first car

Not sure if this is the right forum, sorry if it isn't.

After the summer, I'll be in the market for my first Car. I'm currently 16 and will be 17 in january.

Just curious as to whether the miata (nb8c?) is a good first car, and what kind of things to look out for when buying them.

I was browsing autotrader.ca (canadian resident, MB) and the 90-95 miatas seem ridiculously over priced. Most of them have over 100, 000 kms on them, and some are even over 200, 000 kms but they are all over the price of 5 grand.

For a 90-95 miata with about 100, 000 kms i would expect to pay about 1-3 grand. Am I being a little nieve or am i right?

Also i'd like to know about the engine specs and the kind of tuning people have done. I've heard of the infamous flyin' miata turbo kits, and i've also heard of boring out the 1.6 to 2 litres.

Any information about the miata that i havent mentioned would be great as well.

thanks,

the miatas you are looking are na6ce and na8ce the number is pretty much the liters like 1.6 and 1.8. the nb's are the ones with the static lights. you can do many things to them including turbos, super chargers, itb's and of course engine swaps. people have put 13bts in em sr20s (silviatas) and even v8s small blocks, i think ls1's or lt1's. they also handle very well stock. they sell for 1-5 thousand normally, depending on year and miles. its a very awesome car, only problem i see it that since you are 16 the insurance is gonna be mighty pricey, since its a sports car and convertible, but i do like your taste in cars. haha

Comment

Originally posted by frictionfighter
      the miatas you are looking are na6ce and na8ce the number is pretty much the liters like 1.6 and 1.8......
      Nice, thanks for the info. Hehe, as for insurance, i think i'll make my dad put his name down for the insurance so it will be cheaper. I'll still pay of course

Yeah, i've always loved miatas.

Also, what's the differential situation on these years of miatas?

Comment

www.miata.net

Comment

www.roadsterdrift.com

much better and more friendly...

miata's are great out of the box...go weld some spider gears or buy a LSD whichever you choose...but theyh're hella fun cars, grip or drift...they're fun...the only bad...the small wheelbase make the miata drifts look weak; still fun though...

as for differentials...some of the NA's came with VLSD thats all i kno...
          Last edited by Nemesis; 06-16-2005, 08:48 PM.

Comment

yeah some na's came with vlsd, you have to call mazda up and tell em your vin number to find out what you got. its a surprise!

Comment

Working...
            X