JDM vs. USDM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM vs. USDM

Can any anyone make a spreadsheet on the differences of Toyota and Nissan?
    Gearing of 240 vs Silvia.
    etc.

Actually not a spread sheet. I just wanted to know what the differences were.
    For example
    JDM b18c Dome top pistons, different fuel map, higher final drive ratio, LSD.
    2 dr coupe was never built in Japan only 3 door and four Civics. Two door accords were not built in Japan either.

Basically any facts you can dig up concerning 240sx.
    The 240 sx is built in america, but the 180sx is still built in Japan. The silvia is.

OR if you can find A link to a factual website for busy grown-ups that would be good too.
    Thanks kids
    J/K.
    BUt seriously though.

Comment

wrong all 240sx were made in japan all vin's start with J

Comment

You could just do it yourself ....excel is easy to learn by yourself, just go around browsing the web theres alot of info you can get just by typing in 240sx ...

Comment

or you could not reply unless its something helpfull. I know this wasnt helpful but there was no reason for you to reply at all.

Comment

well seeing how if you read up on Nissanguys's Silvia write up that would basically help you out with the history behind the hole 240sx/s13, Then you could start by browsing more of drfifting.com .. and start reading all the post..not saying your slow or dum but yess theres alot of post.. people do give good sites to look at such as Phatka forums ProxLamus s30 post on drifting.com Sileighty with ka24de
            http://www.ka24development.com/index.html You said you were looking for differences in the 240 and 180 well just read and email some people only some of those have decent info not all of them some are engine build ups and such and also its a free world so I will post whenever I want to no matter how retarted it is.. so, take it too the Admin or Moderator.. and just get off my back...
            Last edited by Dizzyirishguy; 06-19-2005, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Ka? Why do I want A KA? I live in Japan. I dont want a KA. Ka`s are slow. I can buy something with a SR20DET for 2 grand. Se, type I, type II, Type III, Type R, Type S. Are they all the same car? One just has stupid floor mats the other has leather? Something for people who live in Japan, like translated back issues of OPtion etc. JDM market information.

Comment

I thought you said you wanted to no about the 240sx..My fault on not readin write.. all i got are engine spec tables on supra,soarer and 240(us)/180(jp)but if your not looking for that then im no help so , srry for posting then

Comment

jeeze guys, he just wants some facts on silvias...perhaps he was right when he said 'kids'....

anywho, erod is right, 240sx was built in japan for the united states. the biggest difference between USDM and JDM S-chassis cars is the engine and drive side. the gearing is virtually the same, just eh 240sx has the 2.4L DOHC n/a KA24(D)E where the silvias have teh CA18DE(T) (89-90) and SR20DE(T) (91-2003) but the production of S13 and S14 was cut in 1998 in favor of the almighty S15. there are several variations on the SR20DET, whereas there are only 2 variations on the KA....hope that helps you a bit

Comment

Originally posted by TxSamurai
                    Ka? Why do I want A KA? I live in Japan. I dont want a KA. Ka`s are slow. I can buy something with a SR20DET for 2 grand. Se, type I, type II, Type III, Type R, Type S. Are they all the same car? One just has stupid floor mats the other has leather? Something for people who live in Japan, like translated back issues of OPtion etc. JDM market information.
                    i do believe the two biggest things you should be concerned with are if the silvia is K's or Q's (Type S, Varietta, or Spec-R in S15's case). the K's means its turbo, and usually two tone in an S13, has most the options etc... and Q's is N/A and pretty slow. I do believe you can get a two tone Silvia K's S13 w/o all the frilly stuff for just under 2k...i tried to buy one a while back, but the rents wouldnt let me have 1k that i needed to borrow for a week until i sold my 240...so i didnt get the RHD S13, but its ok, i have my SR powered hatch.... hope thats more down what you were looking for (my other post i started yesterday, but had to leave and left the post going so i finished today...lol)

Comment

good reply.
                      I can find 180sx and Silvas modded for 2 grand here. Just wanted to know the price per value and specs in plain english compared to back home (us).

Comment

mmmm someone mensioned a pulsar, i wish we got those in the states so i could waste every civic with 18's

Comment

Originally posted by TxSamurai
                          good reply.
                          I can find 180sx and Silvas modded for 2 grand here. Just wanted to know the price per value and specs in plain english compared to back home (us).
                          youre welcome. the trick to this website is asking the right people anywho, if you have anymore q's just ask me. i would say the price of silvias and 180sx's is pretty damn good over there, considering you can get a mildly tuned 180 with a redtop SR for about 2,000 USD where as here for 2k you can get a crappy single cam 240 with mild body damage. oh, and they are auto (the cheap ones). so you have it alot better over there.

Comment

Working...
                          X