SR20 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20 question

I am considering the purchase of a 240sx with the intention of one day installing a SR20DE-T. My question is this... if I do this and something breaks, where do I get the parts to fix it? Will I still be able to get the parts from my local NAPA or Autozone or something or will I have to special order the parts from Japan? Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Most parts are shared with the SR20DE n/a.

Comment

very little parts match the 1996 200sx se-r, cause it gots an sr20de. And theirs always the internet.

Comment

well the sr is becomeing alot more common in the u.s lately, so parts may becoming easier to get, but in not wxactly sure, after market parts are for sure, but as far as general maintenence i dunno, just dont get a ca18 unless you have the money and time to wait for parts from japan, and not to mention no shop i know is real familiar if at all with them, as the sr is becoming alot more well known around shops sooooo, the sr is a pretty badass motor, the only reason i dont have one is i dont have the money for it

Comment

your best bet is to look online or maybe u could try your local Nissan dealer and special order from there(ripoff)....also, if theres a local tuning shop near u that could be your best source....i dont think NAPA will know what your talking about if u ask them bout the SR....hope this helps a bit

Comment

Check Your Facts

Avoid the CA18? A version of the engine was actually released in the US (S-12 Turbo(CA18ET)), so more parts (non valvetrain) are available for it's bottom end then the SR20 natively.

Comment

Originally posted by banged240_drift
              just dont get a ca18 unless you have the money and time to wait for parts from japan, and not to mention no shop i know is real familiar if at all with them
              there is not one part for my motor except pistons (wich cp pistons stock for 475 iirc with rings etc) i cannot get at the local auto part store, crankshaft, gasket kit, water pump. sr guys are the opnes waiting for shiping from the internet companies. there are also companies like preracing.com that have ca18det parts in stock such as jun tomei etc.
              ca18de and ca18det are almost identicle, besides turbo and compression ratio and water pump, wich is used from a 200sx.

Comment

yeah i guess i just kinda have a sore spot for them since my friend screwed his up and no shop would work on it, we even told them that the motor is just a turbo 200sx motor and they still wouldnt touch it so i guess i have a biased opinion

Comment

dont go 2 dealer ships, I work for one and they'll do nothing for you. Your best bet is to find a mechanic that owns sr cause they dont want to work on something that has been thrown together. and if you are buying a part from the dealer ship, dont tell them the type of car you have. jsut be direct. part, year of car its from thats it. and most parts people are bumb *Censored**Censored**Censored*. or atleast the ones i work with

Comment

the at home mechanics are good to my dads friend is one and when i had a probem with my timing belt after my swap he came over and helped me out.

ya some dealerships suck, but pacific nissan, like right own the street from my house basically, the guys in the parts departemnt are cool. whenever i need a last minute bolt or nut i can go down there and they usually give them to me free

Comment

FREE STUFF FROM DEALERSHIPS!? man your lucky and new dash no vents no nothing just dash is like a grand, that just seems like alot to me

Comment

Originally posted by banged240_drift
                        FREE STUFF FROM DEALERSHIPS!? man your lucky and new dash no vents no nothing just dash is like a grand, that just seems like alot to me

lol nah nothing big, just like random nuts and bolts and they are nice will take a part back and try to amtch it up etc.

for soemthing thats like a dash or something would be $$$

Comment

Working...
                        X