turbocharging a na fc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbocharging a na fc

i have a 91 na fc. i had plans to do this a couple of months ago but changed my mind, now im planning on doing it. any experiences or any other info would help. im planning on using a subaru legacy turbo (only because it was free). i wanna know if this is a good idea or not, or what other parts i should use. any help is appreciated

Waste of time...
    At least go with a 13BT engine and start swapping out drivetrain parts.

Comment

where are you from? if your near me I might be able to get you a hookup for a 6-port turbo setup if my mechanic still has it.

Comment

go look at a kit made for your car, then you will need everythign they offer, but your own. if you dont even know what you need what are you gonna do when it comes down to what size oil lines and fittings what style manifold piping sizing etc.

Comment

im from colorado. a lot the stuff i can get made custom so oil lines and stuff shouldnt be a problem, i just dont have the money for a full turbo II swap and im looking for a cheap way out. a good full turbo II sway is around 2gs for the parts and i defenitely dont have that kind of money, if i do it custom it should be somewhere around 700 bucks.

Comment

if you start trying to use stuff from other cars, thats a big mistake... i installed a turbo on my 91 NA, i used a stock series 5 exhaust manifold and turbo, a series 5 NA intake (upper and lower, you have to weld some stuff up on the lower and port it to match the 6 port motor), stock NA 450 primary injectors, stock turbo 550 secondary injectors and just put on a fuel pressure regulator and a good fuel pump.

Comment

put a v8 in it.

cheaper
              faster
              stronger.

ibrotorheadstellmikespeedtodie

Comment

so did everything work out, how long has you car been runnin like this. you have any pics or videos?

Comment

i had it running like that for a year or so, now i have a cosmo motor in it. i dident have any problems, but i tuned my afr's on a dyno with my adj fuel pressure regulator, and i kept the boost down to 7 psi. i think i have most of the parts if your interested in them.

Comment

yes im very interested in them, let me know what parts you have and what other parts i would need. so it ran for a year without any problems, i myself didnt think it would last that long. my motor is in good shape too though, it has 20 thousand miles on a rebuilt motor

Comment

bump anyone with info feel free to post

Comment

goto rx7club.com and search for n/a turbokit its been covered millions of times.

Comment

i have a turbo, manifold, hks downpipe, stock intercooler, intake manifolds, and i think i have some 550cc injectors too, and maybe a fuel pump, so all youd need to get is a good fuel pressure regulator. email me @ michaelessa@hotmail.com

Comment

wait a bit, dave from speedmachineperformance is testing a kit now that wont decrease the life of the engine.

Comment

really!!! when do you think hell be done with that. do you have any more info on this kit, or a price or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X