89-94 240sx steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89-94 240sx steering wheel

Does anyone know how to take off the steering wheel off of a 89-94 240sx? If anyone knows of a tech page let me know, I can't seem to find any.

u know the middle part where the horn is that part comes off... after you get that off then you take off the nut hold it in.. If the steering wheel it self is stuck u can use a impact hammer or do what i do just start pulling on the mo fo. simple...

Comment

or the less destructive way is to get a steering wheel puller or a pulley puller, after you remove that nut in the middle of the wheel if it doesn't just pop off.

Comment

after I took out the nut, mine just wiggled out with no problems at all

Comment

I used a puller on mine.
          Also, if you're putting a new wheel on good luck finding a hub adaptor that's worth a crap.

Comment

Originally posted by free motion
            I used a puller on mine.
            Also, if you're putting a new wheel on good luck finding a hub adaptor that's worth a crap.
            What bad experiances have you had with hubs and which brands?

Comment

I wanted to buy a high quality adaptor, but I could not find one so I ended up settling for I think "Boss".
              1. The plate that connects to the horn switch isn't the right size and mine didnt make proper contact.
              2. There are no grooves for the horn wires so getting the horn to work right w/o pinching the wires can be a pain.
              3.The staw-like pieces that trip the turn signal to go off are noisy and hang up the steering wheel slightly.
              If you can find a better quality one, it would be worth the money...

Comment

Use frsport.com or enjukuracing.com

Hey man, two sites that are dirrected for 240sx and more main streem tuner cars are:

frsport.com
                enjukuracing.com

And are excelent for finding parts for your spesific model of car (especialy 240sx)
                There are MANY widely know and exact spesific model hubs made for the 240 on there (89-94 model) and there are lots to choose from.
                momo acordian style
                nrg quick release
                and more! Check it out man! Hope I could help

Comment

Working...
                X