Flywheel weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel weight

Just wondering what weight flywheels everyone is using. The more experienced people are the ones I would really like to have chime in here, but of course all are welcome. I didn't know if really light flywheels would be better or middle of the road light ones. I personally drive an FC, but I'm sure that the "right" setup would be the same reguardless of what you drive when it comes to drifting. Thanks in advance for the info/opinions.

Zach

To quote Mr. Alex Pheffier:

"You can go ligher but i dont suggest going too light, as in road racing light. The rotating mass of the motor gives you torque for clutch kicks and keeps the rear wheels from gripping when you let off the throtle."

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showp...&postcount=642

Comment

Flywheel weights are subjective measures IMO, since a concentration of weight farther from the center will change rpm slower than centrally-located weight will, even if the flywheel still weighs the same.

I'm not sure what FC flywheel weights are, but a 12lb unit (for arbitrary example) would be lighter for performance but would still be streetable and clutch-kickable. On motors with little rotating mass (like rotaries and 4AGs), light flywheels very well may inhibit your driftability more than it will increase your performance.

I personally run stock as a mofo!

Comment

Working...
      X