Vehicle height problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle height problems?

Whats up everyone, Hope all is well. I recently had some new shocks and springs installed on my 90' 240sx cp. I am noticing that there is a difference in height on the front end of the car. The driver side tire is about 2 1/2 inches from the wheel well and the right side tire is about 2 inches from the wheel well. (that dont sound right) Or in measuring by my fingers theres a better example: The driver side is four fingers from wheel well to tire, And the passenger side is two fingers from the wheel well. What could this be maybe a worn bushing or somthing?.. Thanx...

Make sure:
    The springs are settled in the perches the proper way
    The car is on level ground
    You have driven it around or bounced on each corner to get the shocls to settle
    You have assembled the upper mounts properly
    You have bolted in the rear mounts properly

If an upper mount was assembled improperly or extremely worn /fuggeded up, then it could cause a huge discrepency like that, but it's most likely a lack of settling, the wrong spring or a shock that won't settle.

Comment

Thanx

Thanx for the Info.
      Have a good one.

Comment

No, that is correct!!! The front is supposed to be higher than the rear. It was engineered that way stock. The stock ride height is 27.32 in front and 26.38 in back! The springs you bought lowered it X number of inches from these numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Reactor
          No, that is correct!!! The front is supposed to be higher than the rear. It was engineered that way stock. The stock ride height is 27.32 in front and 26.38 in back! The springs you bought lowered it X number of inches from these numbers!
          You read wrong, he is talking about the right and left side, not front and rear.

Comment

Working...
          X