No announcement yet.

Turbo kits worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greddy turbo kit, its 50 state legal, and run a sti top mount custom fabbed.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
      Signal's V mount only works with SR motors.
      no, i know a guy with a FD that has a signal-done V mount

Comment

Thanx Chas any Iidea on how much the custom STI TMIC is gonna cost or how much work is gonna have to be done?

Comment

Not that much work, acutally, its super easy. Just need custom pipes and mounts. And a hole iin your hood

Comment

That’s great now looking for a wrecked STI w/motor in great shape(or IC at least) or maybe I can get one from a Subaru dealership. Or I might just get a better aftermarket TMIC.

Comment

Yes signal has V mounts for SR 240s and Rx7s. And I would use the word fabrication not customization, and I am no noob to fabrication. But the guy asked if there is a top mount intercooler available. He probably wasnt ready to do a V mount setup himself. Yes a top mount would not be hard to do yourself. Is it in a S13 or S14 though? In my S14 there is no room for a top mount. And no vent. An intercooler does zero good if air cant get to it. You also realize you dont have to have an intercooler. Its not required. Its a good thing to have, but not required. A TII top mount would prob be easier to find than a STI.

Comment

just get a core and make the pipes and tanks.put it on top

Comment

I was gonna get a new hood and either make functional vents or a hood scoop

Comment

Originally posted by S14-Kidd
                    I was gonna get a new hood and either make functional vents or a hood scoop
                    That added with my 30hp undercar moving, multi-colored, LED lighting kit should be good for at least 296-745.23RWHP at the wheels.... You know, at low boost and stuff...

Comment

??????????????

waT?

Comment

Just put a stoopid FMIC in... if u are too scared ur gonna ruin it then u probably shudnt even b drifting

Comment

Yea thanx for the suggestion i guess.................. but I dont understand y i have to "Just put a stoopid FMIC in"

I got the idea to use a TMIC because I saw a silvia drifting using one(dont remember where i found the pic ) and I think it would be better in case of crash than a Front mount because u could keep on drifting through the day even if u bang up the front end really bad where as on a FMIC it could be damage really bad and not safe for your motor.

Comment

its personal prefrence i would just lean back a fmic.

Comment

Crashing is never good for your motor but if all you did was break your intercooler, you could keep drifting. You just wouldnt be turbocharged anymore. Just make sure nothing gets in the plumbing, that could mess up the engine. Rip off everything loose and keep some screen and zip ties around.

Comment

If it were my KA, GReddy all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X