Homemade mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade mods

Hey, Im a "cheap scape" and was wondering what kinda homemade mods perople make....All I know of is the CAI...

I also heard of people tourching the spings red hot to "lower" there car...Well right know Im all about ghettoness, I have a Van for me to F up....

umm, no. You could cut vents in the bumper for cooling, but its car specific. I suggest going to your car club site, and asking them.

Comment

heat up springs = fugly bouncy ride

that's my chas impersonation.
      thank you

Comment

nice.

Comment

RE:

stfu

That's mine.

Comment

rip out your interior

Comment

Haha, but the interior is probably all F-ed up anyways so its ripped itself for me....LOL

This has nothing much pertaining to drifting as to ghetto-ize a free shlitty car.

Anyone else?

Comment

Well i don't know alot of free things, maybe ajust the camber and toe-in if you know how, but in almost free you can paint some parts like the calipers (if you can see it!), some parts in your engine (but only with heat-proof paint like barbecue paint or engine paint). You can also do some chrome with isolating tape, you know it's like aluminum tape for chemineys. There's also alot of stuff to enhance the esthetic side of your car in stores like canadian tire (i don't know what's like that in the us maybe pepboys?) or also at wal mart and zellers... but paint may always be the best thing if you want cheap car enhancement.
                You said that you want more like "gettho style" enhancement so that's my ideas, you can't do alot of things without cash and I would not do theses things to my car but with imagination i'm sure you'll find some intersting things to do.

Comment

Haha....This car is already shlitty enough and my painting skills will make it worse...I was thinking more to ghetto Horsepower.

Comment

One thing that you can do is take off the stock air box and then run your car open throttle. Its safer to put like a screen over the throttle to keep crap from flyin in your engine.

Comment

Run your ac duct into your intake for a cheap supercharger.
                      Cut a hole in your hood just above you intake.
                      Run dryer pipe to the front of your car and to the intake.
                      Take the exhaust off.
                      Clip the springs.
                      Take your ac off.
                      Take your air pump off.
                      Grind your pulleys to lighten them.
                      Mag wheels.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Not all of these are good ideas, some arent even legal, some are just dumb. But just some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by OkinawanHCR32
                        One thing that you can do is take off the stock air box and then run your car open throttle. Its safer to put like a screen over the throttle to keep crap from flyin in your engine.
                        The Exhaust is that im trying to do, like take out some of the baffles in the muffler. Cut the sping, that I cant do at home. I already took out the air box and got a new filter, Routed some dryer hose pointing to the intake and the front fender/ wheel area, if it rains, Im screwed...LOL

The pulleys I can have a friend turned them on a lathe.

What the hell is an air pump for, I dont have bags for my van.

Comment

There is a hose that goes from your intake to the air pump which then pumps it into your exhaust so that the exhaust will have air to continue burning, its all about emissions. Its a pulley you could eliminate. Not a good idea to, but you can. Its what a lot of people did to muscle cars back in the day. You can also put toggles in the cabin, and route all electronics through those toggles(well, all the ones you wont need). Then turn em off. The alternator will have to fight against less magnetic fields and will be easier to turn, robbing your engine of less power.

Comment

Remove the secondary exhaust, or bend it so that it ducts out the side. It'll be free-er flowing and sound bada$$

-MR

Comment

What mranlet said reminds me of what Jesse James did in Monster Garage.Basiclly they had an RV they turned into a rolling halfpipe.So Jesse got some piping,welded it to the exhaust system,then had it run up the side.That thing sounded badass,and were talking an RV here.So I'm sure that Van would sound like a killer.It just depends on if you can weld,and how much of the exhaust you want to custom fabricate.Also,port the manifold.Basiclly split.port it,then weld it shut.Then take 3-4" piping,make a custon exhaust run out the side like Mranlet said.Hell,go 5" if you can.No cat and that much airflow,thing will be as loud as hell.And you'll make some ponies,along with waking up the whole neighbourhood,lol.Also,if you can,port and polish the head.But then that makes things more complicated.

Comment

Working...
                              X