the 4ag specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 4ag specs?

all right...... im pretty new to the 86, so could someone tell me the specs of the car and a few opinions on this car.........?

Re: the 4ag specs?

Originally posted by craziazzmofo66
    all right...... im pretty new to the 86, so could someone tell me the specs of the car and a few opinions on this car.........?
    www.club4ag.com should help ya

Comment

i have two. they came from the factory slow, they are still pretty slow but look on the bright side, now they are over priced. they like to break when you put large amounts of stress on them and it isn't getting any cheaper to fix them. oh yea and chicks think they look cool and your definatley getting laid for owning one.
      ok, enough with the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. they are great, just start replacing things, if it hasn't already been done recently, start with your brakes, especially th eright rear caliper. most of the bushings should be worn if the car has been driven hard. if you just bought it and you know nothing of the history or the guy or girl especially(no offense ladies) that owned it before you, change all of the fluids. that means oil, tranny, differential, coolant, and hell, even your widshield washer fluid. if it has really high miles, replcae fuel pump and filter and take a gander at the spark plug wires. this isn't really 4ag specific but really used cars in general. have a good time and start slow in a big parking lot. they are really fun to drive but once you break major components like leaving your rear axle on a curb, its a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to get all the parts and straighten the mangled *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* underneath. have fun and good luck. oh yea, go to club4ag.com and read the tech section twice.

Comment

Uhh.. Theres already a thread about the 4-AG and it has specs in it... theres a thing called the search button learn to use it...

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
          Uhh.. Theres already a thread about the 4-AG and it has specs in it... theres a thing called the search button learn to use it...
          lol forizzle

Comment

The 4AGE motor is a 130PS engine that will increase to about 160PS as a JDM 20 Valve. A fully tuned Normally Aspirated 20 Valve 4AGE will put out around 280PS. Slap twin turbos on and tear out the rear interior to get a 11 second quarter mile or less.
            Last edited by clutch; 02-03-2004, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch
              The 4AGE motor is a 150PS engine that will increase to about 175PS as a JDM 20 Valve. A fully tuned Normally Aspirated 20 Valve 4AGE will put out around 280PS. Slap twin turbos on and tear out the rear interior to get a 10 second quarter mile or less.
              are you sh!tt!ng me? ...... seriously..... where do you get your info? Because I would love to see a 10sec 86 with a 4a series engine under the hood. Go to Toyota and buy a FSM, before we all rip you a new hole.

Comment

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

This isnt initial d man... 150hp?? nah.. somthing more like 120...

20V might make somthing like 150-170hp...

on a AE86 the frame is too weak... to push more then 150hp... unless serious reinforcement is done.

Remeber that the AE86 is 15-20 years old. Usually unless its be rebuilt to specs its not going to make perfect hp... anywayz... LOOK ON THE 4-AG THREAD!!

Comment

i got a Q to ask?
                  what is a decent amount of hp to have in your sr5
                  "live life each sunrise at a time"

Comment

Depends what motor?

Comment

Of course forgot my bad 4age

Comment

I have ridden in a few with around 130-140.. Seems to be more then enough.. they didnt do much with the chassis.. if you go more then that, you should invest in safety as well as suspension and brakes. Not just engine.

Comment

on a AE86 the frame is too weak... to push more then 150hp... unless serious reinforcement is done.
                          thats not so true, there are plenty of 190-200 hp 86's creaping around out there, its not that hard with the right parts and the car can handel 200hp but more then that and tranny's/rear ends are gonna start failing. This is easily solved swaping in an mk3 supra tranny and an early 80's supra rear end. head over to club4ag.com for more info, there is a guy there with a turbo silver top that should be running in the 300-350hp range after tuning is finished

Comment

Working...
                          X