Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 5-Lug conversion

I have posted this question in other forum:
    How much would it cost to convert a 96' S14 4-Lug to a 5-Lug?And the answer is somewhere around $600(new parts).........
    So my question to this forum is:
    Is there any significant advantage of 5-Lug over 4-Lug, besides more wheels and performance brake kit selections? After all it costs around $600 bucks to convert it, if there wasn't any major advantage, I would rather spend this money to upgrade the engine components or the balance of the car.........

Thanks.

Just wheel choice......as far as I know

Comment

Better options for brake upgrades. Important for drifting or any performance driving. Just better equipment.

Comment

Better options for brake upgrades. Important for drifting or any performance driving. Just better equipment.

I still can get a set of very nice drilled/slotted rotors for 4-Lug, for instance Brembo sport brake system(Good enough especially with the KA engine). You see my point, if there wasn't any major advantage of 5-Lug over 4-Lug performancewise, why waste $600 bucks, use it on something else...............

Comment

hachiroku-fc3s: Good point....

I've thought of the conversion, but my reasons were purely 'cosmetic'

Ive always upgraded brakes on my other cars, but the Nissan will be my first 4 lugger. I just took it for granted that there would be a brake kit available when I got around to doing it.

Comment

*pets his SE* My....precioussssssssssssssss

Comment

if you plan on drifing/racing/etc in those terms better and wider perfomance brake options are better in the long run. I don't know who gave you a price of $600 but I don't ever remember it costing that much. Go to a junkyard and find the main parts, then get performance for the rest, (Calipars, Rotors, etc)
              Last edited by Phoen_x; 01-14-2004, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                *pets his SE* My....precioussssssssssssssss
                Yum.

Comment

it gives you more connecting points to the car safer that sortta thing

Comment

you cant buy 17x9 +12 in 4lug, thats for damned sure

Comment

I got my brembro cross drilled/slotted 4 for 300 bucks. Includes Nickle plateing and PBR semi-metalic brake pads.

Brand new parts, I got mad hook-ups yoh! I can get them pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                      X