Registering my S13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering my S13

hey guys, i have a bit of a dilema...my S13 has an SR20DET in it, and at the end of september i have to turn in my registration, and that means i need to show proof that it passed emissions, and im pretty sure it wont pass considering that the only emissions control devices on the SR is a PCV valve and a CAT....so if anyone who lives in CO has an SR, or knows a way to get around emissions or soemthing like that, please help me. thanks in advance

How strict is your emissions?

In CT, if your car is OBDII and doesn't throw a code, you'll pass. In MD, if you fail emissions and will have to spend more than X amount to get it fixed, you do some additional controls and they pass you anyway...

I'd suggest going and getting it tested and see what happens. Either way you'll probably fail and have to do some work (aka, spend some money).

Although it seems to be dominated by Starion and DSM guys, check out highaltitudeimports.com - most of them are in the CO area.
    Last edited by mranlet; 08-31-2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

our emissions are very close to the strictness of california, i mean my S13 had problems passing two years ago with the KA24DE....and about the same mods on it as my SR has...lol so i guess we will see eh?

Comment

good luck on passing the emissions!

sorry for hijacking the thread, but i can register a 240sx w/ sr20det in Florida correct? last time i read, florida doesn't have emissions testing

Comment

f*** you, you damned thread thief!!!

lol, j/k dude

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
            good luck on passing the emissions!

sorry for hijacking the thread, but i can register a 240sx w/ sr20det in Florida correct? last time i read, florida doesn't have emissions testing
            My shop (XAT Racing) does lots of SR S-chassis swaps, and people drive them on the street registered legally (as far as I know), so I suppose that the answer is that you can register an SR 240sx legally...

When you take the car to emissions, you ought to scan your receipt to show what the damages are

Comment

in CA we just go to a shady smog

Comment

Working...
              X