Problems with a Silvertop AE86 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a Silvertop AE86 Engine

I did the search, be cool, but I was curious to know what the common problems are with the Silvertop Engine for the AE86. I'm looking to drop one in my car but I wanna know what the common problems are and if they're good as a daily driver engine. I'll look it up on club4ag.com too, but I like the people in here. So yeah, thanks.

You'll need to cut the firewall in order to clear the distributor unless you go with a stand alone. People have been having good luck with the Megasquirt system with the EDIS setup in order to remove the distributor from thte rear of the block. You'll also have to sort out the water lines which can be done with some research or a kit. You'll also need to look into swapping in the wiring and such from the blacktop 20V in order to remove the MAF.

If I were you, I'd go with the blacktop 20V instead of the Silvertop so you don't have to worrk about the MAF setup.

Look it up on Club4ag.com in the tech articles section (if the site actually works), and you'll find exactly what is needed to do what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
      You'll need to cut the firewall in order to clear the distributor unless you go with a stand alone. People have been having good luck with the Megasquirt system with the EDIS setup in order to remove the distributor from thte rear of the block. You'll also have to sort out the water lines which can be done with some research or a kit. You'll also need to look into swapping in the wiring and such from the blacktop 20V in order to remove the MAF.

If I were you, I'd go with the blacktop 20V instead of the Silvertop so you don't have to worrk about the MAF setup.

Look it up on Club4ag.com in the tech articles section (if the site actually works), and you'll find exactly what is needed to do what you are looking for.
      whats the biggest differnce between the two? is it the itb? club4g isn't working for me, it keeps taking forever and it does that thing, "timing out." yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri

Going with MS you don't need to worry about MAF, it has all the sensor provisions for MAP...

Differances between blacktop and silvertop are the BT has larger diameter ITB's, is MAP, and the weight of it's internals are different. I say Google it, check out http://www.billzilla.org/carindex.htm or look elsewhere becuase there's not much knowledge on this website, and if there is they rarely post.

Comment

Working...
        X