High mileage and turbos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High mileage and turbos

Whats up everyone, I just found this site and am stoked because i heart drifting. Well I have some questions for you. I want to turbo my 96 240sx, but am not sure if i could because it has 126K miles on it. And if I can't do that I'll probably just put an SR into it. Although I did read in a tuner mag somewhere, how a guy had a TT 300zx with 200k miles on the motor and boosted to 18PSI at the tracks. not sure if could believe that though. Help me out.

If your intent on turboing the KA, then def don't do it with that mileage.
    Rebuild the KA, and then in the process of the rebuild, buy a turbo kit, and install it as needed as you go. Then when you pop the engine back in you have new KA24DE+turbo= Ka24Det hotness.
    But really, redtop SR's arent all that much. You can get them under 2k in most places.

Comment

milage isnt that great of an indication you can have 200k miles on a motor and turbo it if it was taken care of.

if its ragged out, no

if it wasnt, then go for it. that simple

my s14 dailydriver ahs 120k miles on it, honestly drivetrain wise its the best running 240 ive ever had. girl had it and took awesome care of it.

Comment

Agree'd, its not the milage, its how it was maintained. Do a compression and/or leakdown test and if the motor is still strong then go for it. I've been boosting my other car since 75K miles and its got 135K on the clock, still boosting strong. Cant say the same about the tranny (boom).

Comment

^^exacly. compression and leak down test forsure before turbo. mileage means nothing unless the motor has been ratbagged. i have over 300k km'a on my ka24e. it runs super strong and i am turboing my ka over this winter. mileage doesnt tell the whole story of a motors life.

Comment

Working...
          X