Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension choices

hey ok.
    i know the basics of suspension. that being said its only the basics.
    i looking for a good entry-level suspension set-up that will last. like even if i get good it will get me through some competition.
    there are a lot of good companies out there, all w/different specs, coil rates and adjustability, etc .
    for example i dno't want to buy "drift spec" coilovers or something when theyre the same specs as the roadrace/autocross coilovers or even the basic dampers.
    what kind of spring rates? adjustibiliy? i dunno.
    also what components should i also consider suspension wise?
    i was looking at tie rods, pillow mounts, that kinda thing to stiffen up the suspension and fine tune.
    any help would be good.

i would be using this setup for daily driving, drifting and occasional autox
    thanks

how much drifting? What kind of car do you drive? if you drive an S13 I'd look into the RS*R D1 spec bushing kit. it replaces the front strut rod bushings, front and rear control arm bushings, and front and rear sway bar bushings, plus rack and pinion bushings, and rear sub-frame mount inserts. It's under $200, probably the best bang for the buck. Coil-overs you could go with something from Tein, they arent the best but they are pretty street-able, and you can get them revavled and such.

Comment

nice thing about coilovers is that you can always swap the springs. think its like $45 for 2 springs, get what ever settings you want

Comment

well its aa rps13. umm i can't really put a number on how much i go. i'm trying to learn.
        i'm trying to kep things pretty basic right now.
        my mod list of things to get:
        1)coilovers
        2)lsd (thinking of a kaaz 1.5 way)
        3)upper, frnt & rear & lower frnt and rear strut bars
        4)sway bars
        5)bushings
        6) tie rods, control arms, etc
        and just slowly work my way down the list.

also how low can i lower my 240? i know that yo ucan only really lower any given car so much or it ruins steering geometry, suspension travel (rebound, etc), also if you take it too low to compensate you have to lower control arms and steering components etc to bring everything back into synch.

Comment

ok for coilovers i'd look at Kei Office GX their around 1500. They are very quality, but are more street than drift. they are 8 way adjustable, have front upper pillowball. Front 7kg spring rate and rear 6kg spring rate. http://www.driftfactory.com/product_...oducts_id=2065

you dont really need sway bars, so i would use that money on something else. i would do something like this
          1) coilovers
          2) L.S.D.
          3) bushings (RS*R) or wheels and tires if you dont have them

Comment

Working...
          X