X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring lox

i got these from my friend.

http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker...ESUP%7C%7Etrue

they compress your springs to lower ride height and stiffen the suspension a little i guess. I was wondering if they would hinder performance at all, or if they'll be a good temporary fix until i get my suspension. Should i go with these or cut springs?

The only thing those are good for is lowering the car and making all sorts of weird noises. If you are going to do anything, cut your springs if you can't afford the real thing. You are gonna have more problems with that car than suspension if you are going to drift it. The Z'z tend to understeer worse than an S-13. They have rapid snap around and are hard to stick in the sweet spot. I have one and it's a hog to slide and mines gutted with suspension.

Comment

those spring "locks" are a total joke. just cut your springs. like the ghost said you're going to understeer, so you had better make friends with your ebrake now.
      oh and it won't always understeer, it just needs some help.

Comment

yeah ill cut my springs then, too bad my ebrake doesnt work. i need to figure out where the problem is with it.

Comment

check the cable. alot of times there is some adjustment at the "Y" section of the cable. Also, at my work (kragen auto parts/shucks/checker) we sell replacement e brake cables that are universal and should work.

Comment

yeah ive played with the adjuster nut. just doesnt seem to work. tell me more about your universal cables

Comment

they just replace your ebrake cables if they go bad. like if they snap or stretch. its pretty straight forward, you hook them up to your drums, and hook them up to the middle cable coming from your e-brake lever. then you adjust that nut in the middle at the Y in the cable.

Comment

my rears are disc

Comment

i'm almost willing to bet money that your "E-Brake" are drum brakes INSIDE of your disc brakes. heck you may even just need to replace the E-brake shoes.

Comment

Working...
                  X