Who's running Hard tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's running Hard tires?

I going to be running some 15x7 wheels on my e30, and lookin at getting some Yokohama ADVAN A032R (linky: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=54 ).
    But, they got both soft and hard compound tires.
    So here are some things I need clearing up:

How are the Hard compound tires running?
    Should I run hard in the rear and soft front?
    Or soft/rear and hard/front?
    Or stick with just one compound?
    Lastly,which is better suited for daily driving?

Thanks,

my experience soft tire will wear faster but grip better daily driving they ok but see what the tread wear is and that tells u alot bout how the tire is for driving yet tires differ when they are getting beat on by the heat caused by drifting as for how u should run is all personal pref i run soft all the way around i like the grippy feeling so i hope this helpd sum how

Comment

Frank,

What are you using the tires for?

Drifting?
      Street Driving?
      Autocross?
      Track days?

Your tire choice all depends on what you're going to use them for. I haven't used the A032R in about 3-4 years, but from what I do remember of them are that they're not the best in cold northern California rain or on the street. The tires do not get up to temperature fast enough for common street driving in 40-50 degree weather. They also are very sensitive to the number of heat cycles making the tire compound very hard and thus losing their stickyness.

There are better and much cheaper choices.

If you are going to drift with the e30... buy something relatively cheap as you'll be munching through tires constantly. Especially while you're learning. If it's a multi-purpose autocross, track days, and street use... Falken Azenis RT-215 or 615 are good. I also suggest Toyo RA-1s for even more grip for the trackday events but the tread life is not as long as an Azenis. These are in my opinion are better choices than the older design Yokohama tires and also cheaper.

Comment

I'll be doing street driving,drifting,and autox. I think I'll lookin into the Falken Azenis RT-215 or the 615.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Also look into Kumho SPT's they are good all around tires for the price!

Comment

isnt the rt615 the new r-compound tire? why not just go with a kumho, or hankook, they are cheap and good all around grip/drift/daily tires

Comment

bridgestone g grids if you can get your hands on some i like them

Comment

The Falken Azenis RT-615 is not an R compound. It is however the best tire for all around use and the price point is right. In my opinion this is your best choice.

Comment

Working...
                X