KA24DE Problem-Wont Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24DE Problem-Wont Spark

hi i just swapped in a KA24DE motor out of a 97' 240sx into my 89 240sx coupe.Everything is hooked up, and for some reason it will not spark,it cranks over just wont spark so it obviously will not start.I think it may be the distributor or a bad ecu.I was wondering how i could check these things to find out what the real problem is so i can get it fixed.Thanks a lot.

oh man i had the same problem, mine wouldnt start due to the wiring, going into the ecu, i took it to a shop for that though cause i suck with wiring

where did you get the info on the swap? zilvia.net has a writeup on it that i used, you should check that out first, cause theres alot of things that could be wrong, so i dont want to type out all the questions cause ill probably forget a few so check out zilvia.net and see if that helps if anything comes up and you still need help ill see what i can give ya

Comment

There are a few problems. You own a early S13. These used a SOHC motor. The latter S13s and S14s used a DOHC motor.

But the bigger problem is that you're using a S14 motor, one that has OBD II. Your car, has OBD I.

The harnesses are not compatible. THe ecus are not compatible. The smog equipment is not compatible.

I've since sold my 240sx a good number of years ago. I don't know if anyone has successfully done the swap that you are trying to do. But if someone has, you can be sure that it will be expensive.

Comment

you have to get the ka24de s13 coil and distributor

Comment

You guys must think im retarded or something.I have the ecu to match.I have the harness adapted to mine,and it all matches up.And i have the right distributor and coil.But it started finally,i think something might be up with my TPS cause it randomly revs quite often.Like every 5 or 6 seconds.

Comment

in the factory service manual there is a couple of steps on how to check the distributor with a mutlitester. I just replaced my distributor because of no spark in my '95 sucks that the coil and distributor are one piece. Also check ka-t.org under tech to make sure it is clocked and installed correctly. my rotor was wrong and I didnt realize and my car was firing when the rotor was about 10 degrees before the pin and it had to arc like crazy to fire and it was running like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* till I reclocked the distributor and replaced the rotor with the correct one.

Comment

Working...
            X