First CA18DET upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First CA18DET upgrades

What would be good first upgrades for the CA18DET (european if it matters).
    What modifiacations have to be made to fit an SR exhaust system on a CA. Yashio Factory Super Silent 2 to be more precise.

Edit: forgot to ask what bucket seat you would advise.

Edit2: Is there a place where i can view the Kei Office Aero collection?
    Thanks,

Matt
    Last edited by QstiX; 10-21-2005, 03:09 PM.

Head gasket, Blow off valve, and boost controller, and bigger fuel pump

Comment

some nice, sturdy waterlines....or was it oil lines...., a friend of might kept having to change em because they broke so fast, a common problem w/ CAs

Comment

Thanks for the replys. Is there a way to make it handle the high rev's better? Should I install the Tomei engine kit ?

Comment

if you can afford the tomei kit do it. lol that would be aewsome, but a little over kill.

exahust is chasis bassed, not engine based. then if you want to use sr down pipe just use sr turbo outlet (wheer the 02 sensor plugs into) and itll fit fine.

sr turbine is another good upgrade, even if its the s13 one, still better.
          also, sr smic is a little upgrade and you can use a sr intake to recuircualte the BOV.

dont really need a new headgasket yet, a fuel pump would be good and a radiator is always nice. maybe a clutch... focs more on suspesion for drifting though.

hope that helped.
          matt

Comment

Thanks alot.

So fuel pump, water/oil lines and radiator are first on the menu.
            As for suspension, I was thinking Silk Road coilovers.

Can anyone help me with the bucket seat and the Kei Office Aero parts?

Matt

Comment

i wouldnt do area cuase if you are gonnna catully drift this car your gonna crash.

water oil lines would not be worth it, as i haent heard of anyones going bad in usa so far.

wait till you upgrade turbo to upgrade those.

a good holding cheap bucket seat is the sparco speed/spring whatever one you want.
              im 5 11 165 and it fits me great. not tight at all, but olds aewsome. ood happy medium,
              matt

Comment

The aero parts aren't for right away. I would just like to see for wich cars Kei office makes bodyparts and how they look.

Is the Silk Road Bucket seat good?

Comment

important: oil cooler.

iridium spark plugs, new oil (big discussion here among 200sx owners.. many use 10W60)

Comment

Working...
                  X