Tips and information on Turbo cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and information on Turbo cars

I have yet to drive, or sit in a turbo car.. but I understand its mechanics. It seems that there are two ways to tune them.... long boost lag but incredible high end power.. or fast boost and medium power.

If you compare the companies displayed in such videos ad BMI or Option and those in the US.. their tuning techniques seem different. It seems that the US tuners ignore slow boost for high hp numbers, instead of rediculously fast response as seen in the 'Ultimate Skyline' shown on BMI... quick boost and still great hp #s.

I am about to purchase a 240sx the stock truck motor, but plan on swapping through heavythrottle. When it comes to tuning, is there any advice on what I should try/do?

sounds like you have very little knowledge of whats going on. if you want to go drifting, take your 240 drifting. sit in other peoples sr20 cars at events, find people that will let you drive them, sit in ka turbo cars, and any others you can. for drifting you don't want a super peaky turbo setup.

besides, you probably can't afford a huge turbo with big lag. if your going to do a turbo setup just toss in an sr20 and slowly go one step at a time picking up a front mount, then raising the boost a bit, exhaust, intake, and little stuff. you will figure it all out quickly. ( or you can turbo the ka )

ignore those best motoring monsters like the mines skyline they show, that car would probably cost you 50-100K to have mines replicate it, after you give them the car : )

sounds like you've never driven a fast car, so a small turbo will keep you occupied for quite a long time.

Comment

Yeah, I have never driven a high hp car, (highest I have ever driven is maybe like 180 - 200hp) but I got a ride along at a drift event in a sr20 s13 with basic bolt-ons and it was a world of difference. The power and response was so much better than my stock ka. So yeah, I think just stock sr20 would be enough until you become really good.

Comment

thanks for the advice.. one more question.. when it comes to BOV's.. which one do you like? I am looking for links to sound clips.. but cant find any. I would prefer the sound that Nomuken has on his ER34. Sweet Ride *drools*

Comment

my HKS SSQV bov was only $200 from ebay.... love it.. gonna wear it out lol

Comment

Working...
          X