Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20 is as unstable as Charles Manson

Hi

Got one sick SR20. bit of back ground first, old engine over heated and destroyed it self, New engine was dropped in but the old turbo is bolted up to it. Was running pretty decent, but now everything is going wrong. Started running ruff, found the dodgiest home made boost controller on it, replaced with a ball and spring tap system and set to 0.6 of a bar.

It fix the problem a bit but it still a bit ruff, started going pop, pop when ya put ya foot down, turned out 2 be the i/c piping to the BOV cleaned it up and tightened it back up. Also found small pools of burnt oil sitting in the piping to the BOV, not very comforting seeing that (dose it mean the turbo is rooted?). Took it for a test after that and no popping but its ruing like a sick dog, in park when revving it sticks at 2000 rpm before climbing and climbs ruff as. When driving with ya foot down stays at around 3000 rpm having a spaz. Makes a hissing sound like the BOV is open and the turbo sounds like its spooled up and its making 0.7 bar but no go go . Car drive fine when ya drive it like an old lady.

I got a list of things it could be wrong
    But wanna second opinion. thanx

-Management?
    -Sensors all plugged in properly?
    -BOV leaking?
    -Turbo rooted?

sounds like a mass air flow problem... check and make sure that the small white wire from the maf is putting out a signal while the car is running... (should be 0 - 5 volts) if it is... then make sure that the signal is making its way back to the ecu (continuity test) if all good there... make sure you dont have a boost leak somewhere.

Comment

thanks man will test it out

also when the power fc was plug in from out of the box, it ran five times worse and the engine light stays on.

Comment

yep big boost leak my bad
        thanx anyways tho

Comment

Working...
        X