sr20 help PLEASE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr20 help PLEASE!!!!

Has anyone done the sr20 themselves if so i need some serious breakdown of wiring. Im in new orleans and i cant find anyone to help me extend wires (which im still shaky about ). would it be possible for me to mount the ecu on the drivers side and be able to run the harness without extending/shortening wires? anothr thing, the lines for the heater core are those necessary if im taking all a/c components out? oh and on the harness what part if any can i leave in the car ie harness running through the fuses boxes and to the pos battery line? do all of these need to be pulled and replaced with the sr20 harness. ive orderd my shift 180 video and has yet to come in (ebay about a month ago) so im either gonna order it through this site or pray that i get it right. so some help would be much appriciated. thanks

vacuum line breakdown might be needed as well.

here are some links of how to do a install.. that shift video didn't help me at all

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/installs/240sr/

http://www.heavythrottle.com/

as far as extending the wires.. its not very hard.. just solder them.. if u dont' know how to solder them find someone that does or google it its not that difficult..

good luck

Comment

1. The harness for the sr20det is also setup for the passenger's side mounted ecu. the only wires that need to be extended is the powersteering sensor wires and maf wires.
      2. yes you need to do the heater hose thing..it has nothin to do with the a/c go to www.heavythrottle.com and order the sr20det EZ install kit.
      3. the only harness you need to remove is the engine wiring harness. it goes through your firewall into the ecu.
      4. the shift 180 video is very helpful, but does not explain the wiring. go to heavythrottle again for wiring instructions.
      5. what about the vacum lines? bov vacum lines? boost controller? brake booster? waste gate lines?

Comment

need help with the waste gate lines, there are three seprate tubes i kno one goes to the wastegate actuator and the other into the intercooler piping, but what abou tthe third??? and the vacuum line that passes through tthe fuel pressure regulator that line branches off like 3 or 4 times and im not quite sure where its supposd to go

Comment

i dont understand....

You are making so much HP, but you say that the vacum isnt hooked up right? I dont get it......

Comment

does anyone know where can i buy stock sr20 coil packs...thanks luke

Comment

Working...
            X