CA18DET tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA18DET tranny

is is tranny from a KA24DE out of a '92 S13 interchangable with a CA18DET's tranny ...

meaning, i already have a 5 speed KA car, i'm wanting to get a CA but do i have to get the CA tranny as well or with the one in my car now work? if the KA tranny will bolt up will i have to change the clutch and flywheel?

thanks..

the gearing will but you need the ca18 bellhousing

Comment

what about clutch and flywheel? need the ones of the CA18 as well?

Comment

i used sr20 lightweigght on mine but it kinda sucked

yes you need ca stuff. ca has almost nothing in common with sr or ka. more along the lines or a rb or vg.

you dont sound to competent on the ca. go to nicoclub.com, then ca section, and read the FAQ and search alot.

Comment

go ka-t.

same price.

keep your torque.

have more power.

Comment

I did some research o long time ago ,and the nissan stanza was offered in the US with a ca 18d SOHC so since its the same family of blocks it should bolt up look for a 1980-83ish stanza and also I beleive the 200 sx the 80s boxy one had ca18 in it to in certain trim modles look into it see what you come up with hope this helps

Comment

my ca was 700$.
              id like to see a reliable non ghetto ka turbo for that.
              there are some high power ca's in japan. im guessing records for both kat and ca18 ca would take it. like some 650ps dyno vids floating around.

ca has some benefits.

displacment is not everything

Comment

I cannot speak for KA, but I do know that an SR flywheel and clutch won't work on CA and vice-versa. Yes, the bell-housing is also different (bolt holes don't all match up on SR bell-to-CA block). I own a CA-powered 180SX. RB won't work either. CA is in a class all by itself. More power potential ( a few running upwards of 800-1000 hp; Sendai drag racers) than SR, but you will pay a lot of money because not many companies make hardware for CA. Tomei does, to name one.

Comment

yeah i dont know about the sr flywheel working.... Im gonna have to check that out in the next couple days (all those parts in the garage).

Ok, so you are getting or have a ca18det without the trans? Are you just trying to be as cheap as possible? Let me just say that you will never fullfill you're dreams living like this....

....either way. How to GHEtto up you're ca swap.

(i didnt tell you this btw). You will need. CA18det JDM RWD flywheel. Clutch and pressure plate can be had elsewhere. Ka TRANS, CA20E Trans (1981-1988 200sx). Ok, Now SWAP THE BELLHOUSINGS! Dont know how to? It too late for me to explain... you can call me and i will tell you, but let me preface this by saying that you cannot use the s12/200sx tranny as one piece because it is too short for the s13.

John
                  714 493 0293

Comment

Originally posted by johngriff
                    Ok, so you are getting or have a ca18det without the trans? Are you just trying to be as cheap as possible? Let me just say that you will never fullfill you're dreams living like this....
                    no no no ... what i was getting at is: would the ka tranny bolt up to the ca ... plain a simple question. that's all i really needed to know. honestly, i've never thought about it before and was curious. b/c if it did, then i was just gonna' consider looking for a CA18DET w/o the tranny to save a few bucks ... but it's no big deal either way. if it won't work properly .. then it won't work. that's all really.

anyway guys thanks for all the help. i'm still trying to figure out if i do want the CA or if i want to KA-t or if i want something else. see ... my problem is that i'm too indecisive. i just want them all! LOL ...

Comment

you guys are idiots

stop spreading bad information!

i personally used sr20 flywheel and clutch on my ca18. have you tried? then shut up.
                      same bolt pattern on flywheel. 8 bolt.
                      all you neeed to do is some grinding and new starter

Comment

no, it dosent "bolt straight up" but it "bolts up" if you swap bellhousings. If dont know, then possibly you should take the car to an experienced installer.

john

Comment

Originally posted by johngriff
                          no, it dosent "bolt straight up" but it "bolts up" if you swap bellhousings. If dont know, then possibly you should take the car to an experienced installer.

john

uhhh yeah, again ... thanks for the advise.

Comment

Working...
                          X