Need POC for Reputable Turbo Rebuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need POC for Reputable Turbo Rebuilder

I'm looking for info on a reputable shop that can rebuild my HKS GT2530 turbine in America. The turbine is still good, but I am getting ready to do a major reform on my 180SX next year when I get back home, and that includes rebuilding everything. Turbine rebuild in Japan isn't too popular, and where one finds it, the price difference between rebuild and new is marginaly small.

Anyway, anybody have any leads?

Do you already have the rebuild kit?

Comment

Originally posted by HITANDRUNCREW
      Do you already have the rebuild kit?
      No, I don't. I heard that the ball-bearing cartridge runs about $800 USD. I don't know if that's true. I figure that, plus jobber rate to touch it and the other consumables would already put me close to a brand new one. I figure since it's still good, I may as well keep it as a back up or sell it. In Japan, spent turbines usually end up in the metal bin, especially the ceramic bearing ones because cost to rebuild exceeds price new.

Comment

hks does not use standard ball bearing center sections (garret). They use the IHI center section. Since you are in japan and all, i would get it rebuilt at hks out there.... turbo rebuild not being popular? Huh? (scratches head)

Comment

Working...
        X