upgrading from vlsd to nismo lsd Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from vlsd to nismo lsd Q?

Ok, so i installed a 300zx lsd, j30 shafts, and z32 5 lug hubs in my s13, and now i want to upgrade to a nismo 2 way....

my question is, do i order an lsd for the 300zx? or a lsd equipped 240?

the 240 and the 300 have the same rear end I believe...check the part numbers on the LSDs and see if they are different. when you changed the Diff, did you change the whole pumpkin, or just the diff? if the whole pumpkin, order the 300zx diff...

Comment

Sounds like you have the diff from the 1st gen 300zx. This has the same part number as the S13 diff and the 280z diff as well: R200 (200mm ring gear). the should both be the same.

Comment

I agree with the above I believe they are all r200's the output shafts are the difference there is a 5bolt and a 6bolt I believe. and the ring and pinion or the differential housing are slightly different on vlsd and open diffs. I know the driveshafts are different but I am almost possitive that you can put a vlsd into an open pumpkin with different output shafts so as long as the output shafts match your axels you should be cool. so order the diff. depending on which axels you have.

Comment

you can order a lsd for a 240 but you need to specify that you already have a vlsd. the diff's technical name is "r200v" indicating it is a vlsd as opposed to a "r200" open diff.

Comment

Working...
          X