Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
    More fuel for the fire.

My turbo KA, at over 4+ years of boosting on stock internals is still ticking strong. Daily driven at 1.0 bar with 91 octane. Gets used in open track and Drift Day events.

Mid-range is insane. Quick boost response. 330 ft-lb of torque about 4,000 rpm. Power of ~320 rwhp @ 6,000 to 6,500 rpm. Yes, it's a flat power peak there.

All done for under $5k investment on a stock internal KA... Will be hard to find another example, either KA or SR with the same $$$ and endurance/reliability.

For those that question it, go to freshalloy.com. Go ask about the long running KA+T.

I used to take charge in the SR Vs KA threads. Way too easy to slam either engine for it's faults. I've reached a conclusion, way back in the days of the argument, that it's Rocky Road vs Vanilla. Which flavor do you prefer. Simple as that. Both can get the job done for the same amount of money.

WOOT!!!

That's what I'm talking about!!! "Done that knowlege", instead of "heard that" knowlege.

Read and Heed young bucks!!!

Comment

wow

I never knew the KA24DE can be boosted to 320rwhp with stock internals. is it at standard compression or lowered?

as i said before, it's better for someone who's done it and maintained it to say something about this.

way cool setup. KA24DE-T. ever tried the limit of the stock internals? My SR20DET was pushing 420ps when detonation sets in big time!.. and the engine starts sputtering. I guess that's the limit for stock internals on SR.

hats off to you dude.

-R32GTST-

Comment

Hey 97s14, what kinda turbo you got on there?

Comment

i think the sr20 is alot better if you plan on making big power

Comment

I don't know why the CA is almost always overlooked. It is a lot cheaper and can obtain great power.

Comment

Originally posted by borodori
              I don't think anything is wrong with the SOHC KA. I've seen a SOHC KA's (all emissions removed) with dual mikuni carburetors that kicked azz.

Why do people call the KA24 a truck engine? The KA came out first in the 240sx. Nissan trucks did not get the KA till 1990. NIssan trucks before them had the NAPS-Z Z24i, a 2.4L engine also (which many people mistake the KA for). IT HELPS TO LOOK THROUGH ACTUAL NISSAN FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS to get ACCURATE information, rather than internet crapp.
              Ive never thought about that, I really like that idea (KA24e with mikuni carbs). I am not the kind of person that usually carbs a factory FIed engine, but I may start swapping KA24e s into later cars so I can do that. Just gotta stay open minded.

Oh the KA24 came out in the Axxim in 89, same year as the 240. And I think it may have appeared earlier but yeah I would have to look at some nissan service manuals to be sure. Yeah I know about the Z24, its been around since what, the 70s? But the KA has made appearances in several of Nissans bigger counterparts and the altima.

Comment

okay, im livin in southern california...and a total noob...after talkin to a local shop that does the engine swaps, i was totally convinced that once i got my 240 (still lookin! lol), the next logical choice was to put the sr into it. But after reading this my opinion has been shaken, legality wise. i have the hookups for smog but how can a cop tell by makin you pop the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by d-unit racing
                  okay, im livin in southern california...and a total noob...after talkin to a local shop that does the engine swaps, i was totally convinced that once i got my 240 (still lookin! lol), the next logical choice was to put the sr into it. But after reading this my opinion has been shaken, legality wise. i have the hookups for smog but how can a cop tell by makin you pop the hood?

The same way a judge at a car show, or a dude at the illegal drags w/$500 bucks in his hand.

Cops are people too, they read what we read, they have classes and training sessions about this sh!t. About what to look for, etc. Just like some cops look mostly for drugs, and some mostly for DUI drivers, there's ones out there lookin for us.

BTW...since you're admittedly a noob...if the local shop told you slammin tar heroin made your car faster, would you go out and buy a needle??? I fuc kin doubt it!! Dude do you're own research!! And not just a fuc kin Google search either, you have to consider many different sources if you're starting from scratch on a subject that's new to you.

Just some thoughts, welcome to the board.

Comment

usually, the lettering on the valve cover that reads "intercooler TURBO" gives the Sr motor away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways_In_SD
                      The same way a judge at a car show, or a dude at the illegal drags w/$500 bucks in his hand.

Cops are people too, they read what we read, they have classes and training sessions about this sh!t. About what to look for, etc. Just like some cops look mostly for drugs, and some mostly for DUI drivers, there's ones out there lookin for us.

BTW...since you're admittedly a noob...if the local shop told you slammin tar heroin made your car faster, would you go out and buy a needle??? I fuc kin doubt it!! Dude do you're own research!! And not just a fuc kin Google search either, you have to consider many different sources if you're starting from scratch on a subject that's new to you.

Just some thoughts, welcome to the board.
                      damn dude...chill out...i was jus askin...dont get all anal on me here. I was just here lookin for some of the more knowlegeable opinions...and i have learned a lot from this thread. and i am not a reatrd regaurding the heroin comment...im just new to this particular topic...how would you like it if you got into something new and asked for someones opinion then they treated you like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*?

Comment

Originally posted by R32GTST
                        wow

I never knew the KA24DE can be boosted to 320rwhp with stock internals. is it at standard compression or lowered?

as i said before, it's better for someone who's done it and maintained it to say something about this.

way cool setup. KA24DE-T. ever tried the limit of the stock internals? My SR20DET was pushing 420ps when detonation sets in big time!.. and the engine starts sputtering. I guess that's the limit for stock internals on SR.

hats off to you dude.

-R32GTST-
                        Stock internals, as in, never having any internal engine work done. That means 9.5:1 comp ratio.

The supposed record is in the 400rwhp relm, but no dyno sheets to back that up.

Mine and along with Dennis in Atlanta have dyno charts and tons of miles and events to back up our information.

As for turbo, it's the F-Max stage 2 turbo kit.

if you guys really want good 240SX information, go to the forums at www.freshalloy.com. You won't be disappointed with the depth of knowledge there for both SR and KA, and then some.

Comment

My dad toasted the KA like that

Comment

cops can ask you to do alot of things, but that doesnt mean you have to do it. i think they need a warrent for that

Comment

... they can impound your car for your failing to cooperate. They just need probable cause. (Intercooler, boost guages)

Comment

hmm that sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X