what kind of roll cage to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of roll cage to get?

i am planning on getting my Gloria ready to get sideways. not that is has a problem now. but i was curious on what type of a roll cage should i get. any and all comments good or bad are welcome. thank you for your time. -robert

depends on what you wanna do...if its comp then figure out what you ned for the league...otherwise at cost...a roll bar over you is the cheapest thing to do...if you don't wanna buy one just grab from good bar (not sure on specs) and bend it the way you need it.

Comment

why do you need a cage to drift?

Comment

roll cage

Originally posted by Mike Peters
        why do you need a cage to drift?
        The roll cage is an "added protection" and a just in case... plus it makes the car even stiffer so that you can slide instead of roll, which is not good. But that's just how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by drift4ever
          The roll cage is an "added protection" and a just in case... plus it makes the car even stiffer so that you can slide instead of roll, which is not good. But that's just how I see it.

Added protection is correct
          Stiffening the chassis won't make you roll less as much as installing sway bars
          and stiffer suspention.

Comment

If you are going to get a cage I'd look up your car in the SCCA GCR for the Improved Touring, Showroom Stock, or Touring classes.

I prefer custom welded cages as they can be much more comfortable and often more safe if you have a good shop doing it.
            Last edited by BenR; 01-11-2006, 06:58 PM. Reason: I drank draino

Comment

Get a custom one from someone who knows how to make one.

Comment

rur right

Originally posted by JunpoweR
                Added protection is correct
                Stiffening the chassis won't make you roll less as much as installing sway bars
                and stiffer suspention.
                i was taking into consideration the installing sway bars and stiffer suspension was a given... my view is the cage is just connecting the whole care together so it would b harder to roll than if there was no cage... but again ur right, sway bars and the like will do a much better job at keeping the car planted.

Comment

thanks for all your comments

Comment

Working...
                  X