Cost of Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Drifting?

I have been unable to get a cost on Drift Days at California Speedway.Can anyone please let me know what the fees are and also how do I get into the minor drifting events?Also does anyone know what it takes to get D1 or Formula D certified?Thanks,Mike Rampani

d1 driver's search for d1...i'm not sure how much it is or where.
    fd licensing...there was a thread about it earlier, try searching it.

Comment

if you don't know these things, stay away from fd and d1, as the entry fees are by FAR the cheapest part, and you have no business being there yet. go buy a ticket and watch.

as for drift days, why not go to www.driftday.com , or look around the web on local drifting forums for events coming up. most drift play days cost from 75-150 bucks, and you will go through several sets of rear tires ( in a mustang ). your first event you will probably kill the fronts first though : )

Comment

Lets not be NASTY

I was just wondering about the cost to go to drift day and what it took to get into the licensing part of D1 and FD.Would like to be D1 by 2007 get my drift?

Comment

Thank-you

Just want to say THANK-YOU for all the info that was given to me today about the website I must have missed.Yeah I cant compete with the big boys and there sponsored toys but hey I ll get there soon.I look towards Feburary or possibly January if I can get my stuff for the car by end of DEC.
          Hope that me driving a Fox mustang wont put me in the shadows at Drift Day!
          Thanks again.Mike Rampani

Comment

Foxbody mustangs rule! i've had 9 of them. although i have an FC right now..

Comment

Foxbody mustangs rule! i've had 9 of them
              these responses crack me up! did you have 9 of them because they were so great you just had to keep buying them, or did you have 9 of them because you wanted one but they kept falling apart, hence you ended up with 9 of them trying to have 1 that ran well L O L : )

and now that your own rotary engines, dear lord, its going to be 20 of those at your pace.

Comment

LOL too funny

Dude yeah Mustangs are the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in my book but have not had the pleasure of owning 9 of them.LOL I am making t-shirts also to support this steed in its racing debue,I will put them up on the site or something if you might be interested.

Comment

Well, I dont know the entry fee for FD/D1 so I guess I shouldnt be allowed to show an interest either. I've had 6 of my cars at once, fix em up, sell em, sometimes part em out, use the $$ to build the project and free parts from parting out cars...

Comment

wow... I read this thread, and no one even bothered posting some usefull information about local events in cali. just talk, talk talk, blah.. maybe that's why I stop going and posting here.

www.driftday.com
                    www.land-ho.net
                    www.justdrift.com
                    www.driftcircuit.com
                    www.driftbuffet.com
                    www.srtmotorsports.com
                    www.speedtrialusa.com

Those are just in So-Cal. I haven't even listed the nor-cal events yet. Good Luck! Hope to see you in one of the events. The price ranges from $50 - $250.

In order for you to qualify to Driver Search you have to have a pre-requisites of atleast to be certified as an advance driver to any local track events (eg, Drift Day Advance Competition or Just Drift Advance Competition).

People that just discourage other people on participating in track events or post like they are "big dogs" are most likely to be posers and/or just internet drifters.

step down to your pedestal and start driving.
                    Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 11-29-2005, 09:42 AM.

Comment

*clapping*

Comment

If your just now getting into drifting, your not gonna be in F1 by 2007. It takes a couple years to build up a technique on top of that, ur getting more and more drifters showing up so your gonna have very tough competition by 2007. As for D1, yeah, dont expect to get into that at all. Japan is full of great drifters that have been doing it their whole lift, on top of that, you have to be fast. Right now, I wouldnt be worrying about F1. Just go out and have fun and see if you like it, and can deal with the thousands of dollars goin into tires and fixing ur car. In drifting, things break all the time. So get your check book ready. Glad your interested though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fazzne Drift
                          If your just now getting into drifting, your not gonna be in F1 by 2007. It takes a couple years to build up a technique on top of that, ur getting more and more drifters showing up so your gonna have very tough competition by 2007. As for D1, yeah, dont expect to get into that at all. Japan is full of great drifters that have been doing it their whole lift, on top of that, you have to be fast. Right now, I wouldnt be worrying about F1. Just go out and have fun and see if you like it, and can deal with the thousands of dollars goin into tires and fixing ur car. In drifting, things break all the time. So get your check book ready. Glad your interested though.

ugh, ive only been drifting for a tiny bit over a year. if you actually GOOOOOOOOO to events you can learn fast.

Comment

Love the Response

Up until now I was getting discouraged by the posts a little bit.I really want to thank those of you that are encouraging me and my car to go for it.Printed first T-shirt tonight and they look good.So if your interested in helping the cause the shirts will be around the $15.00 mark with free shipping.Will send pics if you would like.By the way anyone in Cali that knows where I can get a used or new T-5 Tranny for my 90 Fox?Would love to get one before I go to track so if I break mine,which I will I can put the other in at the track.What are the minor league drifting events anyone know?Is this something that I should be getting into also!

Comment

Working...
                            X