Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugestion on suspension set up for sr5

I have no idea what to do for my sr5's suspension, like
    what struts to use and spring kits i dont have any idea what to put on. IT'S EATING ME ALIVE i cant sleep it's cold to cold for me to put away. so if some one could please give me any ideas on the suspension that would just be great, thanks alot.
    ideal people to answer me and only hope
    1.panda_3ight_6
    2.Chas
    3.that one gut that owns 3 ae86

tokico hp and eibach prokits are a nice combination for starters. please stay away from intrax, they are garbage.

Comment

but dont they lower your car and dont they say "springs lower car 1-2inch and increases your lower center of gravity to improve handiling"

Comment

Aights, You have a Macpherson Strut Front Suspension, and 4-Link Rear.

In the front...

I suggest a Coilover conversion, A article about this is written on club4ag.com...

Or normal springs, you can use TRD and Eibach

For struts, you can use Tokico,TRD, and some others....

In the rear...

Battle verison makes replacement multi links for AE86...highly suggested...

Shocks are the same as front...

and springs... well.. TRD race, Eibach and umm...

ATTENTION!! AE86 IS A 15-20 YEAR OLD CAR... IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO REPLACE ALL BUSHINGS BEFORE DOING ANTHING TO THE SUSPENSION...AFTERMARKETWISE...

The best thing any racer can do for their car... is READ ... just read as much as possiable... look through the manul... find other books about the AE86...

hope that helped...

Comment

once again thanks to panda_3ight_6 i have a better perspective on the car and the suspenion.
          hey panda_3ight_6 whats the deal with your car what you doing next to it?

Comment

Argh, I don know... I need money... and I keep spending it before I get what I need, This weekend I'm gettin my welder back.. (bad reason why...) and I'll weld up the trunk and the Rockerpanels. Then Prolly get the fenders... and chill for a bit...Get the paint and paint it...

Comment

coo! got ask have you decided on what color you want to paint the car. I went for a strang color on mine the "taffeta white" from the 04 civic si it s going to look good with some powder coated old schoo supra rims.

Comment

Welps, I chose my color on one reason, SS1, atleast i think thats it... Star Sharks Gray AE86. I plan on painting the body dark gray with a panda black. Then flat black Wantanbe 8 spoke racing rims. I want CF hood, CF sunroof cover and CF oem style spoiler..

Comment

SS1 was red. Got rear-ended..
                  SS2 is grey-black.

Comment

Yea SS2 then... my bad...The first time i saw the pic of it i was in awe at how subtle yet agressive it looked...

Comment

sick still cant go wrong with a cf hood got to hand it toyota driver
                      no best for there cars

Comment

Eibach=ghey. If you're in the market for cheap beginner springs try out espelir. If you have enough money I HIGHLY recommend TRD.

Comment

help me out, kind of confused
                          ss1?
                          ss2?
                          i have no idea what these are

Comment

Working...
                          X