Recommended tire sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended tire sizes?

I have a pair of 17x7 and 17x8 rims for my RPS13. I'm thinking of running 205/40 on the 17x7s and 215/40 on the 17x8s. Any recommendations?

I was suggested to run 215/40 on the 7 inch and 225/40 on the 8 inch.

Originally posted by bornslippy73
    I have a pair of 17x7 and 17x8 rims for my RPS13. I'm thinking of running 205/40 on the 17x7s and 215/40 on the 17x8s. Any recommendations?

I was suggested to run 215/40 on the 7 inch and 225/40 on the 8 inch.

i like the tire sizes you picked. it'll feel better when turning.

Comment

It depends if u want ur tires stretched or not

Comment

still indecisive on tire size

I really do not want to have stretched out tires so I'm sticking with the 215 and 225.

I'm having difficulty finding a tire shop that sells 225/40/17 (speed rating VR / YR or similar). I live in the East Bay of SF Bay Area, any recommendations on tire/wheel shops?

I'm gettting a bit impatient, but more irritated that seemingly my only definite option is TIRERACK or the other online tire websites. I think I'll just go with 215/45/17 on the fronts and 225/45/17 on the rears instead of running 40s. At least I'll have a cushioned ride.

Any info or advice is much appreciated.

Comment

are you actually gonna go like 140mph?

if not why care about speed ratings?

Comment

tire speed ratings are bs. thats just for sustained speed at that level, for example, the tires on the new bugatti veyron had to be designed to go 250mph but how often are you going to have it that fast. bottom line is that the higher the speed rating the less likly the tire is going to strech out and want to come off the rim from excessive centrifugal force. but ive gone 165 on some shitty meats and im still here.

Comment

Working...
            X