No announcement yet.

what constitutes a perfect drift car ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personaly I like the flinstones car that open air in your face when your bustin around a corner, Man Oh and everybody can see you wavin to the croud in it to. they came pretty set up from the quarry Ive seen them with double bolder shock absorbers, and anti fur bars, and marble rocker covers. The hand cut quarry wheels are the best.

Comment

All flaming aside. The perfect drift car is the car that you can drift while feeling comfortable, in control and can afford.

Simple as that. There is no perfect drift car. Only what feels perfect to the driver.

Comment

gohst of duluth is right
        i mean ibash fwd "drifting" but if thast your thing man do it....
        but yeah if you can get those carsyou were talkin about dirtcheap
        than by all means go for it ......and depite what whoever said it yes some american cas are pretty well balanced, like the v-6 camaroes for instance dont ask me where to get parts but they are fairly balanced

Comment

thanks for the non flaming remark yeah i was thinking the camaro since i can get a 88 for 150 bucks you can get alot of stuff from jegs.com or summit racing they got crap for f bodys on there they got alot of stuff you can use for japanese drift cars too like the oil coolers and stuff cheap. I know if it makes you comfortable but why i asked was if anybody has had experiance with these non japanese aars and what kinds of little quirks they have drift wise

Comment

a chevy camaro is a good domestic drifter.

Comment

That is why you search the forum and the members. Because there is an F body drifter on here and he is a well of information. CrazyHawaiian drifts a Maro. He knows it well and is a great person to talk to on that. You can't go wrong on the price you paid so go for it.

Comment

a good drift car is a 50/50 weight car that is rwd not that ff bull shet that people think there drifting, its not drifting. a camero or some muscle car would be good because it has lots of torque to start the drift you just need to really stiffen it up and make it 50/50.

Comment

A 50/50 weight distribution is not nessisary to drift. Just try to make sure its not too bad. Generally speaking it seems most people believe a lighter rear makes it harder to swing out, but easier to control, a heavier rear makes it easier to swing the rear out, but harder to control (IE stop from spinning).

240sx have pretty light rears, not bad distribution mind you. but not the best. Especialy with the spare tire and back seat out. Mine is like that and it takes some effort to get the back out. but its pretty easy to control from there on.

They say MR2s love to swing the rear end around, but are hard to keep from spinning.

So i assume a 50/50 like a miata or a FC would be right in the middle. if someone drifts a car with a perfect weight distribution i'd love to hear how it feels in a drift.

Comment

Working...
                  X