TII swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TII swap

I have a 86 rx7 na and i want to get a turbo motor in it. i was wondering if anyone knows of shops in so cal that can do the swap for me. if so how much would that run me?

well, i dont live in socal, but my advice would be to check the phone book and just look for a place that specializes in Mazdas, the swap isnt something that needs to be done by a rotary shop, its farely straight forward. just look for a shop specializing in mazdas....or ask on rx7club.com.

Comment

why not just do it yourself? youll learn a lot, im in socal area and most of my friends are rx7 buddies. we're also on the forums too

Comment

i dont have the means to do so. if i did, i would be doing the swap by myself. where in so cal are you? ever done a TII swap?

Comment

t2 sway is much more work then a normal turbo motor swap, you have to swap out all the drivetrain with t2 drive train(tranny,diff,driveshaft).upgrade fuel pump, something with the dash harness you have to do i think.i hope you did your homework on the swap.

Comment

yeah i read all about it. i wanna get a price quote on it to see how much it would run me. if it is too much im just gonna sell the car and get something else. not quite sure at this moment.

Comment

well lets see, you need the rear end, tranny, driveshaft, might wanna change engine mounts, the s5 or s4 T2 wiring harness and the block. if you go to a mechanic alone, id say they'd charge you about 1200 to do labor(40 dollars an hour at my mechanic). rear ends are worth about 150(tops), trannys go for 250 - 350, wiring harness uncut will cost about 70 - 100 bucks, blocks will cost you about 1200 -1300, engine mounts around 50 bucks brand new, driveshaft about 30 to 40 bucks. parts alone will cost about 2k. so id say get rdy to spend about 3200. the good side to this is that the base models are lighter than the turbo models. you can have your own race bred car
              im in the 626 area

Comment

i heard if i have an S4 its best to stick with all S4 parts. im kinda having second thoughts on this swap. I really want a turbo but could save money by getting my motor ported and rebuilt and just add a aftermarket LSD. Upgrade the tranny for the abuse i put it through. i have the money but i heard so many bad stories about people getting bad engines and they blow. i dont wanna get screwed. but for sure eventually i will go turbo. i guess i could hold out on the TII swap for awhile and just get NA upgrades and see how i like it. anyone know the HP potential of a NA 13B? i wanna push around 280-300hp to the wheels. possible for a reasonable amount of money? and is it daily drivable? get what im sayin?

Comment

you really cant get 280-300 hp out of an NA unless you do a huge port like a bridgeport, plus tuning and other things. if you look around RX7club.com, most people are having trouble getting to 200 on an NA...one thing you could do tho, is turbo your NA. but youre gonna have to find someone who knows how to do it. which i doubt you will, but you might. i kno someone who could do it, but he lives in walnut creek.

if youre tuning your FC for drifting, you might wanna just spend money on suspension, get a rebuild, maybe a streetport, couple other small things...but 280-300 on an NA is almost impossible, you could do it, but it wont be smoggalbe and would cost a furtune, and i doubt it would be a very good daily driver.
                  Last edited by Cobra_R; 12-24-2005, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
                    i heard if i have an S4 its best to stick with all S4 parts. im kinda having second thoughts on this swap. I really want a turbo but could save money by getting my motor ported and rebuilt and just add a aftermarket LSD. Upgrade the tranny for the abuse i put it through. i have the money but i heard so many bad stories about people getting bad engines and they blow. i dont wanna get screwed. but for sure eventually i will go turbo. i guess i could hold out on the TII swap for awhile and just get NA upgrades and see how i like it. anyone know the HP potential of a NA 13B? i wanna push around 280-300hp to the wheels. possible for a reasonable amount of money? and is it daily drivable? get what im sayin?
                    the n/a motor of the rx-7 could handle probly 200whp with out a rebuild. my friend is going n/a on his rx-7 and he figures with greddy emanage ultimate,upgraded fuel,race header,exhaust and modded intake,ignition that he will get his goal. as for 280-300 you need to do a very big port and a REDBUILD with new rotors and such. i dont know much about rotories but i know fuel is an essienial upgrade before you do anything to them.you can very well build a n/a 280whp rotory for about 3g's i would figure and based mapped.i say why not?

N/A is BEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_R
                      you really cant get 280-300 hp out of an NA unless you do a huge port like a bridgeport, plus tuning and other things. if you look around RX7club.com, most people are having trouble getting to 200 on an NA...one thing you could do tho, is turbo your NA. but youre gonna have to find someone who knows how to do it. which i doubt you will, but you might. i kno someone who could do it, but he lives in walnut creek.

if youre tuning your FC for drifting, you might wanna just spend money on suspension, get a rebuild, maybe a streetport, couple other small things...but 280-300 on an NA is almost impossible, you could do it, but it wont be smoggalbe and would cost a furtune, and i doubt it would be a very good daily driver.
                      you can turbo your n/a if you put t2 rotors and housings in it.. turboing a stock n/a will raise the compression to high and your motor will blow sky high.

Comment

i guess i will just go with a rebuild and street port for now. can always go turbo later! well thanks guys, much appreciated! anyone know of some good engine management that will work with the NA 13B? I've been looking at like ECU piggyback systems and stuff, but i have never used that before. somethin not too costly, under 1G preferably, unless its gonna create crazy HP, but i really doubt that. anyone kno if apex makes a FC commander for a na 13B? i heard those are really good for tuning. if you guys have NA 13B setup, feel free and post it and tell me how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
                          i guess i will just go with a rebuild and street port for now. can always go turbo later! well thanks guys, much appreciated! anyone know of some good engine management that will work with the NA 13B? I've been looking at like ECU piggyback systems and stuff, but i have never used that before. somethin not too costly, under 1G preferably, unless its gonna create crazy HP, but i really doubt that. anyone kno if apex makes a FC commander for a na 13B? i heard those are really good for tuning. if you guys have NA 13B setup, feel free and post it and tell me how you like it.
                          1G~!? you can buy nearly ANY standalone EMS out on the market for that much. most rotary guys i know dont use the apexi power fc. They usually either go with haltech or microtech standalones. but if you want something more affordable, piggyback is the way to go. the apexi safc is a great piggyback and tuning friendly. For big results for power band, i recommend you invest in bigger fuel injectors, fuel pump(walbro), piggyback/standalone and straight pipe/down pipe/exhaust. thats where the power of a rotary truly shines... lesser air restriction

Comment

i've seen some expensive management systems. what size injectors should i get? so far i have the walbro 255 pump, some ignition wires (magnacore?) and a HKS intake. i think i will go with the apex safc, maybe a racing beat header, and cork sport exhaust. i wanna get nology ignition wires because they are grounded instead of my magnacore. eventually an aluminum fly wheel and organic clutch once i get my new tranny. that will probably put me at about 180-190hp

Comment

Just put a ls1, lt1 or even a 5.0 motor. About the same cost. More power, more torque, more reliable.

check out www.torquecentral.com

and www.hinsonsupercars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X