ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SR20DET Turbo/Cooling upgrade questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET Turbo/Cooling upgrade questions.

I have a very newb question, and I dont know if anyone can answer it but... meh its worth a shot. Ive been looking at misc. turbo "Kits" (Upgraded turbo size, a more effective intercooler)

Ive been looking at the "Greddy SR20DET S13 T67 turbo" and maybe an ARC intercooler... Can someone give me a guess as to the power gain from an upgraded turbo/ intercooler.

t67 turbo should make quite a bit of power....maybe 400+ dont quote me on it though. but itll be hella laggy and therefore will be horrible for drifting....don't expect to have any power down low.

Comment

Im thinking of a dual charging application Supercharged/ Turbo charged, which would eliminate the lag, but would be costly... and to all those that say it hasnt been done look into it. Its not that hard to do, and has been done as a stock option for some cars, and Big engines. Big engines being Deisel applications for Road tractors/ dumptrucks. If anyone wants details or has seen this before lemme know. I will post pics of finished application when im done.

Comment

what do you plan on doing with this car? if it is anything other than drag racing i'd say the turbo your talking about is too big.

Comment

I want the car to be quite versitile... f*ck spelling. I would like to have about a 11-12 second car by the time I am satisfied. Drag, Drift, Auto cross, Track.... Pretty much everything but Rally, and as for Rally, I want to import a Lancia Delta... (Dreaming)... Or the more Realistic S12 Datsun/Nissan. Or a Subaru or Lancer.... Im drifting off topic... Sorry... lol. But for a start. Im open to suggestions on what I should do for a basic turbo and intercooler upgrade. I dont intend on making it a monster for about another year.

Comment

Just do whats right!!

DROP A ROTARY 13B TURBO INTO IT!!!

Comment

not much more then 250 until you upgrade injectors and maf and some sort of ecu.

Comment

just rock an apex'i rx6 turbo very nice good spool and makes good power too but dont forget about fuel and maf as well as ecu!

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. I was intending on upgrading the injectors ASAP. idk how big I would like yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftRookie240
                    Im thinking of a dual charging application Supercharged/ Turbo charged, which would eliminate the lag, but would be costly... and to all those that say it hasnt been done look into it. Its not that hard to do, and has been done as a stock option for some cars, and Big engines. Big engines being Deisel applications for Road tractors/ dumptrucks. If anyone wants details or has seen this before lemme know. I will post pics of finished application when im done.

over engineering things your not capable of. keep it simple and youll save yourself a lot of headache.

get a stock sr. improve in small bits from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                      over engineering things your not capable of. keep it simple and youll save yourself a lot of headache.

get a stock sr. improve in small bits from there.

lol I said that is like what I want in the end. Just for shock value. Its not reasonable at all. But still would be nice. as I said before It will be simple for the next year or so. I think I am going to just use the S13 for drift, and use my Mk3 Supra for anything high speed. They are building a race track within miles of my house. So Im thinking of track racing the supra, and drifting the silvia, so anything dramatic or high horspower is going on the Supra.

Comment

Define your goals

Driftrookie, I think that it would be helpful to define your goals first. Do you want to drift? If so i think that perhaps you would like to start with suspension tuning before engine tuning. It seems like (correct me if im wrong) there are a lot of people that think all they need is tons of power to drift. You do need a bit but what you really need is a car that wont roll when you are trying to break the tires free around corners. Ive seen some nice S14 drift cars here in japan with as little engine mods as a trust stock mount intercooler an fcon and an evcI. Not so glamourous but nice while sideways . Id take fully tuned suspension over a fully tuned engine anyday, but perhaps im old fasioned .

thats my 2 cents

Comment

Yea, Im not going to do anything big to the S13 for a year or so (3rd time saying that) My "Goal" is about 270 hp, and I think im going with Tein for suspension products.

Comment

my s14sr20det is stock and ive never thought ive actually needed more power but, i just want more power.. but yeah im all about the stock motor for now cause its plenty to drift with. also seen people with kA's getting pretty wicked so power isnt that big a deal for learnig to drift but, it is a big deal for competition for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RHDJapan
                              Id take fully tuned suspension over a fully tuned engine anyday,
                              thats my 2 cents
                              Ditto

DrifterRookie,
                              It would be very hard to build a car thats perfect at everything, if not impossible. You need to set realistic goals at what you want the car for, whether it be drifting, a strict track machine or anything inbetween. Then plan your mods from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X