• Show
Clear All

• engine swap info.

i have an 89 240 with the ka24d
    i am wanting to swap a newer ka say one from a 95+model
    my questions are
    is this a pretty basic swap?
    what sort of problems might i run into?
    and would a ca18 be about the same price?

You don't have a ka24d, no such thing i think u got it mixed up, u have a ka24e.Anyway, here is all you need to know to swap in a '95 ka24de into your car

http://www.zilvia.net/faqs/archive/SOHCtoDOHC.asp

Comment

Yes, like that. Umm...thank you for not doing an SR swap because thats what everyone else is doing and it would be "mad JDM tyte yo". KAs shouldnt be hard to find for fair prices, they're getting yanked all of the time, the prob is going to be finding one with decent miles, unless you plan on a rebuild. And as for the CA, I know a guy down here in TX that sells 240s with CA swaps for 2800 but I havent asked how much he would charge for a CA and I really dont know the market for them. Id assume a KA24det would be cheaper though. You are probably going to run into mileage problems with the CA too. And get yourself a good headgasket and some headbolts if you plan on boosting it past 350 hp.

Comment

yeah the SR is a great engine, but so is the KA and it can handle some boost and its cheaper (major plus)
        i was thinkin of the CA cause it would be cheaper than the SR
        the single cam KA24e (thanks for clearing that up for me) is just not enough and if yall know about ka rebuilds youll probly answer a few more threads liek this one
        but thanks for all the info

Comment

okay you were correct abouy swapping the head from the ka24de to your ka24e if you want to tubo the engine at least that is what i thought you meant since the e is only a 12 valve engine. the sr20 is a nice engine and the ca18 as well if you really just have to think about how much power you want then weight all the factors i just got done with this since i have a 89 240 coupe i opted for the rb20 due to money issues but i LOVE it sorry for such a long post

Comment

Working...
          X