Alloy V8. Good For Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy V8. Good For Drifting?

Just wanted some feedback on a new job of mine. I am getting a 1UZ-FE (series 1 soarer v8) put into my ae85. I have covered most of the criteria on performance and power.

HOWEVER! ... ... ... I am not sure how it would feel drifting with it.

Any experienced drifters or mechanics please help. I really am not qualified to comment on my own idea.. sad I know.

Thanks

Hello there should be no problem with runing this motor hard.This is one of the worlds most over built quad cam V8,it has 6 bolt mains,very smooth operating engine Toyota invested loads of cash developing this family,these are the same base block and head used in the Tundra 2/3 uzfe.You will be able to make an easy 3-350HP depending on mods.This is the same base used in the JGTC N/A SUPRAS just 5.4L .The obstacle with this set up is to get the custom bellhousing,a R154,custom driveshaft,then if your gonna use the stock ECU you gota trick the nuetral start switch.Also it is one of the most compact V8 out there.I would like to see more people do things with it N/A everybody wants to boost it,cause its a touch easier to make power with boost.

Comment

Hey I forgot I am parting out a complete 1uzfe driveline look in the buy and sell area Im SOCAL where are YOU.

Comment

Check out http://www.importx.co.nz/forum/index.php
        they put one of these motors in an AE85

Comment

Thanks guys for your input. I am going to go ahead with it. If you know any complications I am gonna come across please tell.

CHEERS GUYS!!!

Comment

Well, you'll run into these problems:
            - Fitting a V8 in the space of the mini-me or 3TC
            - Twisting the car apart from the stress of big torque
            - Fitting a big RWD transmission (W58 I assume) in the small Corolla trans tunnel
            - Stopping the car with all that power
            - Blowing up the light-duty Corolla rear end and twisting axles

Even swapping in an F20C or SR20 into a Corolla involves what essentially amounts to a complete redesign. The 1UZ is a huge undertaking and unless you have extensive fabrication experience I'd reccomend trying something a bit more conventional, like ITBs on a 4AG.

Are you saying that it's a AE85 because it's an SR5?

Asking what is "good for drifting" is like asking "what is the best color", different people like different things. I prefer moderate power with a very flat torque curve, other people prefer the effect of turbo, and others prefer mega high revving engines with quick response.

Comment

Working...
            X