Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance | Suspension Review

Ok heres my review

I picked these up from Tougefactory (www.tougefactory.com), comes in a nice big old box, a lot bigger than my Silk Roads. Open it up and they are all individually rapped in a whole lot of bubble wrap in thier own individual box.

Every set comes with a manual, 2 wrenches, the coilovers obviously, and 5 adjusting knob caps. The caps are actually pretty nice, my Silk Roads just came with rubber caps, these can be tightened on with the allen key so they don't fall off, you can still adjust the coilovers with the caps on them. And for the slow you can read which way to go for soft or hard.

The S-Chasis apps come with 9/7 springs. Front springs are shorter than the rear springs. Rear springs are the same length as Silk Roads (front and rear)

First thing I did was switch out to 9/7 application. You can either take them off from the top or the bottom. I used the bottom because I have no air tools, just undo the bottom brackets and collars swap springs. The springs have no markings on them so pay attention to which you replace.

After switching springs I compared them to my silk roads side by side.

First thing I notice is the beffiness of these. Silk Roads are pretty beefy on their own comparing them to Tein HEs. The camber plates are thicker, the overall body is thicker. The collars on Stance are all amost the same, while on Silk Road the bottom collar for the fronts is wierdly big, the top two collars are a bit beefier too. The overall length of the coilovers are longer also, so if you want sissy height you have more than enough room.

For the rears, same story, everything is beefier. The most noticeable change is the bottom mount/bracket, its almost double the length of the silk road one. The bottom mount will reach a little past the top collar, so having a long mount allows for the coilovers to go lower than the silk roads which will bottom out before the stance, also yet again allows for sissy height to the max...

For both front and rear the piston is a lot bigger than the silk roads, you can tell in the picture of the rears the difference. Also Stance has shorter stroke which can be seen in the picture of the rears. My finger is on the top of the cartridge, the Silk Road sits at about another coil down.

The one thing SR has and Stance doesn't is the camber adjustable bolt. On the SR it has an eccentric bolt on the top bolt for the bottom bracket. It has 4 settings. The stance bolts are offset, they sit at about setting 3 (1 away from the most camber).

Those are the pics of the coilovers on. I set the ride height to a little lower than my Silk Roads.

Considering its really cold (below freezing) it might take some time for these to settle. So I excpect them to a be a tad bit lower. I plan on lowering it a little more in a week or so after driving on them and painting my car.

Specification wise vs. silk roads
    • Feature__________||Silk Road_||_Stance
      Inverted Monotube_||____X___||__X___
      F Camber Plates___||____X___||__X___
      F Camber Bolt_____||____X___||______
      Dampening_______||__8-way__||_15-way
      Spring Rates______||__8/7*___||_8/6 & 9/7
      Rear Bushing______||__rubber_||_poly-urethane

Driving Impression:
    First impression is that they are really stiff. The first time I drove them I only drove on them for like a couple minutes. They had yet to be broken in. Drove on them the next day for a little longer. They are currently at factory setting of 6 of 15. After warming up a little they fealt similar stiffness wise to my SRs at 7 of 8, just a tad stiffer.

The ride isn't bouncy, but it does have that go-kart type feel to it. But it is more of a direct feel. I haven't had any track experience with them yet, considering its still snowing, but taking simple turns and weaving around in traffic feels very direct. There is not much body roll in these. Overall the valving compared to silk roads they seem to be a bit stiffer.

Once the car has bumpers and lights and I have the car at its set ride height I will take it out for a little street action and mess with the dampening settings.

Shock Dyno info soon also..

Links:
    Touge Factory: http://www.tougefactory.com
    Stance: http://www.stancesus.com

Nice set up.... what size wheels and off set are you running?

Comment

17x9.5 +12
      18x10 +18

Comment

Originally posted by kidynomite View Post

Shock Dyno info soon also..

Links:
        Touge Factory: http://www.tougefactory.com
        Stance: http://www.stancesus.com
        Nice info... can't wait to see the shock dyno data!

Comment

Working...
        X