AE86 Engine swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86 Engine swaps?

What kind of engine can you put in an AE86? Can you guys also tell me what type of engines and what car it comes from. Just wanted to Know cause im getting an 86 soon and wanted to know what Engine swaps are out there. Im not gonna do this right away. jus wanted to know for future references. whenever i search for it the search engine give me like 240 engine swaps.
    Last edited by SoCAL_Drifter; 02-09-2006, 12:07 PM.

www.club4ag.com is your friend.

Learn it, live it, love it.

Comment

Would a KA24DE(T) or ITB be a good swap in an AE86? cause I mean everyone is getting rid of there KAs and it has more power than the AE86 4ag, doesnt the stock 4ag have 128hp? and then ka has 145 or 154 depending on the year. IDK, just my worthless thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
        Would a KA24DE(T) or ITB be a good swap in an AE86? cause I mean everyone is getting rid of there KAs and it has more power than the AE86 4ag, doesnt the stock 4ag have 128hp? and then ka has 145 or 154 depending on the year. IDK, just my worthless thoughts.
        Possibly, but why? AE86's are lightweight, nimble cars. They don't need a $hit-ton of power to get the job done.

Comment

ditto on what he said, go on club4ag.com, go through the tech reff section, search button is your best mate, and for motor swaps drive the car first *you'll learn tons this way* and ask yourself what application you want to use it for =P

Comment

He asked about motor swaps...I was just saying.

Comment

thanks

thanks guys, you guys have been a real help.

Comment

4age v's KA

I have owed 3 ae86 and 1 sr20 silvia conversion and the 86 is a lightweight
                car and putting a ka into in 86 would be a loss if you like a high rev motor
                the ka was desgined to be put in a pickup and for lowend torque (pulling power) the 4age is a free revving lightweight greatsounding motor the best setup is a 4agze bottom end 20 valve head with a turbo on stock ITB's and of course standalone (megasquirt) that to me is what to do to an 86!! or just get a 4agze and replace the intake with the N/A intake take off the supercharger and replace with turbo and good for over 200hp and all the 4ag will convert to rwd

Comment

Working...
                X