DriveShaft Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriveShaft Help!

Im just about done with my 5 speed swap, its coming down to the small things now. I just need to know which driveshaft to order. with or without abs. I have a 97 LE that had abs when i first got it, It stopped working a long time ago. Since then Ive swapped the rear chunk from a 95 (No clue on abs or not) And the Tranny came from a different 95 (also no idea whether or not abs)

Now my question is. How big of a difference in length is there ABS/NON-ABS. Should i be worried about the difference since i dont care if my abs works? Is there any way to tell which d.s. i need from the tranny codes?

Any driveshaft gurus out there that can help me out?

Hello,as far as I know ABS has nothing to do with drive shaft and/or its length.

Comment

Well i spent all night and finally found out the lengths. and the non abs is about and inch longer. Im just gonna get one and hope theres enough room.

Comment

It really has nothing to do with the abs its just that abs option goes hand in hand with the vlsd if its a 5lug vlsd car stock then you need the abs driveshaft and they are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to find I had one custom made which actually worked out better because the 1pc is soooo much lighter and makes a huge difference as far as seat of the pants feel. My car in a drag race with my friends car (both '95 se's with same mods except the driveshaft) I pull on him in 3rd bad.

Comment

Working...
        X