high boost ca18det?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high boost ca18det?

Ok, this is my first time on the forum. And i must say that you guys have enough knowledge to make anyone jealous. So here is the deal: I have just bought my self a CA18det, with some nice upgrades: T28 turbo upgrade, equal length racing manifold, turbonettics external waist gate, 470cc injectors, Apexi S-afc, stage 3 act racing clutch kit, huge front mount intercooler, with a 3inch down pipe. Here where I live we can take all emission stuff away. I live on a small island in the Caribbean, called Curacao.
    Here is my thing: I would like you guys to help me find out till where I could push this engine, and still being safe, considering all the mods I have. I would like to talk about it also in numbers, like how much HP could I expect if I’m boosting 13, 15, 18 or 20 psi?
    I still have to mention that I got a set of forged pistons, that still need to be installed. What can I expect when I install the pistons???? What psi and how much HP?

Right now I’m running only 6 psi, I still need to buy a boost controller. So when I do this I would like to know how much boost to set in to.

I have seen so much of the SR vs CA and I made my mind. And what other mods can I do to have a better performance? I thought about Changing the cams?

Thx.

Hello ,with a T28 IMO anything over 1 BAR 14.7 PSI is just pumping hot air so keep it at 1 bar MAX and with proper fuel & ignition tuneong I would expect low to mid 200s at the wheels.Dont go too tooo big on the intercooler, and try to put your blowoff valve on the cold side(I see alot of people with SRs and CAs put it on the hot side ??) .The CA has been a slept on motor for a long long time here in the states.It can handle low to mid teens of boost if healthy and tuned decent,depending on what kind of max boost your trying to run I would spend the $$$$ on something else,if your gonna do a rebuild ceramic coat the domes and combustion chamber(But if you got cash get the forged pistons).PEACE

Comment

hey this is off topic but im gettin my self a CA18det in my s13 and i was wondering what would be great upgrade for first? i heard stock turbo for ca18det sucks so i like to upgrade and what would you recommend? and others as well like fuel injectors, FMIC, Z32 MAF, etc... oh and what kind FMIC do you have for your CA18det? seems like i cant find any aftermarket one
      any helps will be really nice
      thanks

Comment

An FMIC is basically a giant heatsink, so they are all pretty much the same.

Z32 afm (or Q45/VH45 if you can get it), pod filter, RX7 injectors, GT28RS/T28BB/HKS GT2530, full exhaust, bored intake manifold to suit a larger throttle body (60mm SR20DE one) and a decent ecu.

That'd get you as far as bolt ons, or you can just go all out like me and do a silly rebuild. Currently decompressed, stroked and bored to 2.1lt, balanced forged etc. Should be running 2 bar once it goes in!

Comment

http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~ram/index2.htm

check out our tuned CA18det's lol

mine was stock internals pushing about 430hp to the wheels lol to4e

720cc X 4 , hks cams , 2mm head metal gasket boosting about 1.9bars

Comment

Working...
          X