Spray Can Bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Can Bliss

need some help with painting my sil80 flat black, rattle can, what kind of paint how many coats how deep do i sand, any help is much appriciated

http://www.autobody101.com/articles/...=Rattle%20Cans

i went to google.com and typed in 'how to spray paint' and this came up.

Comment

it will tell you for best results on the back of the can. I used some krylon ultra flat black and came out with really nice results. I recommend getting a spray can handle. It helps a lot and your finger wont get tired. Also a good prep with the primer is good, stay with the gray primer it has the best results. I used 3 coats on mine, not sure on how many cans i used, was quite a few tho.

Comment

ok so 2 coats of primer then 3 or 4 coats of ultra flat black. what kind of paint? interior exterior should do fine huh?

Comment

I wet sanded the factory paint on my FC with a 220 grit and then wet sanded again with 400. Then I did 2 good even coats with Dupli-Color Flat Black Primer. Not one chip after 6 months.

Comment

i used krylon ultra flat black. comes in the camo can, should be able to find it at wal*mart, however they probably wont have enough cans on hand. I stopped off at several wal*marts and just came back whenever they re-stocked the color.

Comment

Working...
            X