Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Question

Hey guys ive searched through the forums but all i found was basically a whole bunch of ; Im right and your not! Regarding tires sizes.

Im getting rid of the old s14 stock rims pretty soon and all i want to know is.

Will this wheel and tire setup fit/work without stretching.

Front Rims are 17X7 Offset +38
    Rear Rims are 17x9 Offset +35

On the front im thinking 215 45 17
    On the rear im thinking 225 45 17

Input would be greatly appreciated...

Originally posted by HasNoTiresLeft
    Hey guys ive searched through the forums but all i found was basically a whole bunch of ; Im right and your not! Regarding tires sizes.

Im getting rid of the old s14 stock rims pretty soon and all i want to know is.

Will this wheel and tire setup fit/work without stretching.

Front Rims are 17X7 Offset +38
    Rear Rims are 17x9 Offset +35

On the front im thinking 215 45 17
    On the rear im thinking 225 45 17

Input would be greatly appreciated...
    Why are you against stretching? Do you not want an insane stretched look? I run 225/45-17's on 17x9's. I have also run 215's and they look stretched. 235's are pretty square and you can run up to 255's (still pretty square)without them being crammed onto the wheel. Go lower offset also on a 17x9 with a 225 you want to run at least +20 and that is on stock fender no pull and maybe a slight roll on the rears depends on camber. look at it this way if you want the tires to look similar and you want to stagger them run 17x8.5 fronts and 17x9 rear for that tire size to get the same "stretch" or sidewall look. Just do the math 215 is only 10mm narrower than a 225 so if you run them on a wheel that is 2" narrower it is going to look crammed compared to the 9" wheel. Hope this helps if you are running a stock ka I suggest 225's all around you will appreciate the extra grip up front especially in a nose heavy car like a ka s14. I have run 215's 205's 225's lots of different sizes with lots of different wheel sizes in both 16" and 17" and I find I like 225's on 9" wheels all around. Now to contradict myself my new wheels are 17x8.5 +14 front and 17x9 +20 but that is because they havnt been made for 10years and were never sold in the u.s. so they are a little harder to get the perfect sizes anymore questions let me know its what I do for a living.

Comment

Working...
    X