fc question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fc question

i recently purchased and fc and am considering rebuilding the current na motor that was inside because it currently does not run. but it was also brought to my attention that i could just drop an t2 motor inside. i wish to go with the latter but i dont want to spent loads of money. i have just about 3k to spend, what are your suggestions? and how much will it cost to get it done. how hard is difficult is installation. is it similar to dropping a sr into a 240 in terms of difficulty?

If you're gonna go the Turbo II route, itd be much easier to just get a Turbo II... actually dropping the engine in is pretty straightforward, but the N/A running gear wont stand up to the torque. Youd need to swap the tranny, driveshaft, diff and halfshafts, or you'll break them unless you take it very easy. Being on a drifting forum, i doubt taking it easy on the drivetrain is an option. Because of the top-mount IC of the 13b-t, you'll need the turbo II hood as well b/c of the vent, otherwise that nice IC will become a heat exchanger, soaking up the heat from the engine and warming, not cooling, the intake charge. For all this stuff, and the time and effort to put it in, itd be easier (and at the end of the day probably cheaper) to sell the N/A FC and get a turbo II. If you are just gonna swap the engine, it isnt that difficult of a swap, as long as you stay within the generation of FC... S4 to S4 (1985-1988) and S5 to S5 (1989-1991).

Comment

Working...
    X