Insturment cluster and taillight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insturment cluster and taillight issue

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem similar to mine. Any time I turn my headlights on I blow the taillight fuse. My headlights, brake lights, and warning lights all work just no insturment cluster lights or taillights. I recently installed a boost controller, wrong initially, but is now fixed. I am a capable mechanic, did the sr install and everything to my car, just made a mistake installing the boost controller. Soon after the boost controller install, probably the same time I noticed the instument lights didn't work, not sure but probably the taillights either. Shortly after that my battery/alternator light came on. I checked the voltage and my alternator was bad. I had it rebuilt and installed it, The alternator is now charging but my indicator light is still on. I have torn my whole car apart looking for a short somewhere but can't find anything. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

ummm sounds like you shorted something out pretty good, check your wires for burn marks or flat out disconnection, or possibly a burnt up relay.... smell all your relays in the drivers side panel for a burnt smell..... after that check all your grounds, and try disconnecting your battery for about an hour with the positive and negative terminals touching to reset any stored codes on the computer. and see if that changes anything. oh yea theres a relay panel behind the fuse panel on the drivers side kick panel.

Comment

Working...
    X