Need help with S13 brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with S13 brakes

so im changing the brake rotors and pads on my 89 240SX hatch and i got the front ones done easily, but when i tried doing the rear ones, the piston wont go back far enough to fit both pads and rotor in. piston feels stuck...barely moves...this is for both the rear brakes

HELP! PLEASE!

oh i think i just solved the problem...sorry folkes i just got this car a week ago...im used to a ford...in any case...i think you just turn the piston clockwise to make it go in..correct?

Comment

I usually pull the whole caliper off and push the pistons back with a blunt side of a screw driver. then i slide the pads in..GL on it.

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z
        I usually pull the whole caliper off and push the pistons back with a blunt side of a screw driver. then i slide the pads in..GL on it.

negatory.... the rear pistons need to be screwed in.... clockwise or counterclock i dont remember....

Comment

i wasnt refering to the nissan specifically i was just saying what i do on other vehciles ive done (which is not many) I never own a car long enough to do brakes haha

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z
            i wasnt refering to the nissan specifically i was just saying what i do on other vehciles ive done (which is not many) I never own a car long enough to do brakes haha

omg i do brake jobs every 3rd month... delivering pizzas is killer on my 98 gtp's front brakes

Comment

Just finished doing the brakes on my girlfriend's S13. Used a large C-clamp to compress the piston back into the caliper. make sure you rub some grease around the piston too so it doesn't bind up on its way in.

Comment

HoosierDrifter, ur my buddy haha. yeah i deliver pizzas for papa johns, except i do it in 110 degree heat with no A/C....at least its dry heat.

so yeah i got the brakes done...C-clamp on the front brakes and needle nose pliers to twist in the piston in the back, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                X