96 Ka24de Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Ka24de Problem!!!

i swapped a 96 KA24DE into my 89 coupe, and I have a feeling that the person that did my harness/wiring messed up,but i want some help figuring out what else/if there are any other possibilities? My problem is that once my car is warmed up, it is extremely boggy.For example when starting from a stop it will chug for a sec, until it gets into higher revs.And this happens in almost every gear.But when its cold,the car runs normal.I dont get it, the only thing iwas really thinking was that the MAF is wired wrong.But other than that, i have no idea.PLEASE HELP.thanks

the car may be changing the timing as the car warms which would cause that, let it warm up and check to make sure the timing chani is not slipping.(I forget if the 240 will *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored* timing automatically) Or check your spark plugs/injectors. Did you put new plugs in when u got the motor? If not thats probably causing it to stutter then wehn u pick up speed you dont notice anymore. GL.

Comment

i just put new plugs and wires in about a month ago.What can i do if it is automatically screwing up the timing?

Comment

did he/she swap out the ECU as well? it'll use a different fuel map from the ka24e to the de.. and the reason it runs better when it's cold is because normally when the engine is cold the ecu compensates by cranking the rpm's up to about 1500 until it's warmed up..

could be the wiring, could be the ecu, could be something with fuel delivery

Comment

yes we swapped the ECU out as well.is there anyway i could check the fuel delivery?

Comment

maby injectors are sputtering (do you have acess to an EMS with duty cycle on it?)
            If not that Im not sure(besides bad timing which on the 240 will be a total biatch) tmmrw Ill talk to "my mechanic" and ask him what he thinks it is.

Comment

Originally posted by new_to_drift
              i swapped a 96 KA24DE into my 89 coupe, and I have a feeling that the person that did my harness/wiring messed up,but i want some help figuring out what else/if there are any other possibilities? My problem is that once my car is warmed up, it is extremely boggy.For example when starting from a stop it will chug for a sec, until it gets into higher revs.And this happens in almost every gear.But when its cold,the car runs normal.I dont get it, the only thing iwas really thinking was that the MAF is wired wrong.But other than that, i have no idea.PLEASE HELP.thanks

Try to look at your thermostat it could be bad cuasing your car to think it is running cold all the time thus = boggy feeling when warm.

Comment

so my mechanic friend thinks that it is more than likely the MAF or the o2 sensor.
                said he had the same problem on a DOHC 240 and it was the MAF

Comment

Usually if it is the maf the car wont rev above 3k or so.

This is what your problem sounds like to me.

The previous mechanic set the timing on the car when the motor was on the cold side, and the ecu had not changed the timing/fuel maps for the normal temp range.

So basically the timing is probibly way off. Turn you car on. Let it idle up till the thermostat opens, and check the timing.

You can also code check the ecu. That will tell you if it is the maf, tps sens which it could be, or whatever else.

A 02 sens usually wont make the car do that, it will just run in open loop mode and pretty rich on the obd 1 engines.

Hope that helps out a little.

Comment

it is not the thermostat.I replaced that, and both the water temp sensors.Is there any other way of checking the timing if i dont have a timing light?thanks for all the input everyone so far.

Comment

Originally posted by new_to_drift
                      it is not the thermostat.I replaced that, and both the water temp sensors.Is there any other way of checking the timing if i dont have a timing light?thanks for all the input everyone so far.

Timing lights are cheap. go buy one you'll never be sorry for owning one.

Comment

Its The Maf!!

Comment

if it is the MAF how could i check it?the ECU code?

Comment

ppossibly..but you need more tools! head on over to
                            http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/index.php

and ask those guys, they should be able to clear it up fast.

Comment

Working...
                            X