Weight and Performance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight and Performance Question

Ok i have a1991 nissan 240sx coupe. I have only a short ram and a q45 maf on it. I have a Q45 throttle body on the way and 370cc injectors. Im Thinking im goin to get a Jim Wolf Tech ECU for my car but i dont know what else i ould need in order for my car o run properly with all that availible air. Also i want to know some weight reduction suggestions. Ive started the interior, added 2 strut bars and a lower tie bar. No engine bay part have been removed for reduction. Wat could i remove? Ok well thanks alot I havent been drifting for to long but i got the basics down and appriciate the fellow drifters/enthusiests help in this matter.

you could take out the rear seat, remove the body panels, glass, doors etc... cause if your drifting, the best way not to break something is to not have it on the car in the first place! AC and PS are good things to chuck if you dont need em (if you have them in the first place)

Comment

for acouple hundo more you could also install an electric radiator fan and get rid of your mechanical one, losing some paracitic engine drag in the process and getting rid of an extra belt/pully.. when all is said and done you should have 1 pully for your alternator and 1 for your water pump.

another thing you could do is if you have pop-up headlights still you could weld them up. saves you about 10 lbs overall after you take out the headlight motors and what not.

Comment

ummm.... leave the power steering alone please. you don't want to try and drift a 240 without ps. also, you should probably leave all the glass in the car as well. if you want to enjoy a 240sx, strip out the little stuff, make sure you have a diff and some suspension, and enjoy the car.

Comment

ummm why do u wanan strip it? Is it gonne be a track car only? I bet you wont even be able to tell the difference or even drive well enough to use the potential of weight loss. If you cant drive your car to the limit yet then dont waste your time and keep your interior looking clean. If your going to drive it on the road, its really nor even worth taking out alot of stuff to save a few #'s. I mean the 240 is already lighter than ALOT of cars on the road so just drive it and practice.

Comment

Working...
          X